Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    Is the sound fucked up? He's not making any noise...

WHY IS HE NOT MAKING ANY NOISE?
    Listen, it's "Godfather III". Be thankful there's a part where he's not making any noise.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• This is NOT what I WANTED!

Comment

• Robert Duvall said fuck that noise. He's got to make Geronimo or some shit.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• one of the best unintentional comedies of all time. The last 15 minutes are pure comedy gold.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

This is NOT what I WANTED!
            He's overacting to try and compensate for the woefully miscast Sofia Coppola. I'd even go so far as to say that his performance is far worse than hers:
            1. He's not playing Michael Corleone. Compare the character of Michael from the first two films and see if there's a shred of that person in GF3.
            2. He's in histrionic mode for much of the film with absolutely zero subtlety or nuance. He's dialed up to 11 which is totally against the quietly calculating Michael that we grew to know.
            3. That haircut is totally wrong for the time period. It's distracting.

I'll grant that his confessional scene is really, really strong. It's the only scene in the entire film that feels like 'The Godfather'. The writing is strong, the performances are strong, and the emotions resonate. It's an oasis of beauty in a mountain of shit, but it's there.

But GOD that ending...when your big emotional payoff produces howls of laughter from the theater audience, you've lost.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Pacino's been riffing on histrionics for awhile now, ever since Godawfulmess III, if I'm not mistaken. Seems like most flicks he's losing his shit for one reason or another. Subtlety, Al. Subtlety.

Comment

• Tim,

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it. Check him out in The Insider. His last great non-histronic role.

I've heard Pacino was good as Jack Kivorkian, but the last thing I saw him in that was good was in Angels in America.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Mine looks like this, and I don't even try...
                  Probably gonna catch serious grief for this, but I always liked that look - save the ponytail. No apologies necessary for rocking that look in my book, sir!

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                  The only "guy" genre I don't like are westerns, other than "Tombstone." And yeah, yeah, shut it, because I don't feel like getting flack for it over here - I was practically branded with a scarlet letter over at DERP when I said that.
                  Please, tell me you called down the verbal thunder on the offending parties?

People who don't like Tombstone... what a world.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yeah, 'the Insider' is the goods. Then again, Michael Mann seems to bring out the goods in everyone.

Comment

• Real shame Mann went digital.

Although, i know there's a lot of love for Collateral.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 'Collateral' would be in my all time top 10 films EVER if Mann had had the guts to end it right.

Spoiler: Spoiler 

Cruise should have killed Jamie Foxx and the chick and gotten away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Tim,

I've said it before and I'll keep on saying it. Check him out in The Insider. His last great non-histronic role.

I've heard Pacino was good as Jack Kivorkian, but the last thing I saw him in that was good was in Angels in America.
                          I stand corrected - Pacino was great in both, and had forgotten about those flicks. Kudos, Ed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            'Collateral' would be in my all time top 10 films EVER if Mann had had the guts to end it right.

Spoiler: Spoiler 

That would have helped.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• You forgot "Smell Of A Chick"...

He fucking nailed down what a drunk Ranger is... warrior poet, pussy hound, and misfit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Please, tell me you called down the verbal thunder on the offending parties?

People who don't like Tombstone... what a world.
                                Tombstone is made of awesome. And yes, I think I got in some of my best barbs in that thread at some guy named Stew. I do remember being told, basically, that there was no way I could actually like any other kind of movie if I didn't like Westerns. I don't recall if that was him or any of the other ones who chimed in, but... okaaaay, then.
                                Last edited by Lisa; 10-21-2010, 01:35 PM.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X