Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I'm not going to have to watch all of this.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It's not even 90 minutes long. Bookmark it, then.

Comment

• Looks good.

Watched that Springsteen doc about Darkness on the Edge of Town early this morning.

Pretty good, even though I can't understand the Boss now.

He makes Stallone sound like Olivier.

Nevertheless, it was an entertaining film about a great record.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          I bought London. I have no idea why I wrote Paris.
          Subconscious Julie Delpy craving?

Last movie I watched was Better Off Dead. Absolutely bananas, in the best possible, Isla Fisher in Wedding Crashers kinda way. It's amazing how Cusack was the finished article so young. There are little touches in that performance (his Young Frankenstein O.T.T. moment in the burger joint) which still stand up and it's hard to imagine too many young actors today being so accomplished. Loved all the little animated scenes and stop-motion Van Halen burgers. Lotta fun. Watching this kinda movie now makes the state of modern teen comedies seem even worse.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Better Off Dead is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Watched Get Him To The Greek. The GF loves this movie, and I remember not being totally in love with it during the theatrical run. I think I was wrong. It's pretty goddamn genius. It starts fairly good, slows down a bit in the middle, but when they hit Vegas and the final act I pretty much never stop laughing.

Comment

• I've been meaning to see Get Him to the Greek. Good to know. That character was the best part of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

The son is currently watching The Fifth Element. Beside the Pixars, and Surf's Up and all, finally a movie we can both watch. He likes the pretty colors and fuzzy sounds, and I like the movie.

Problem is that he laughs at Chris Tucker, and keep saying "multipass" now. a small price to pay.

And I would gladly fuck one of those futuristic flight attendant:

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Got your back, Martin... "We green!"

Yeah, I'll draw the righteous fury of Matt on this, but this movie grew on me, to the point that I'll happily watch it whenever it's on. Tucker's character especially - by Hocken did I HATE Ruby Rhod the first time I saw it (in the theater!), but subsequent viewings have instilled nothin' but love for the guy.

Oh, and I wants me some Leeloo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Problem is that he laughs at Chris Tucker, and keep saying "multipass" now. a small price to pay.

And I would gladly fuck one of those futuristic flight attendant:

Better than my kids...

They kept quoting the bartending robot at every opportunity...

"You want some more?"

And just one flight attendant? We like to keep our dreams small, don't we?

Comment

• The Long Kiss Goodnight

Very enjoyable. Loved Jackson and Davis, but could've gone for a little more demented Bierko. His demise, though, was truly spectacular.
                    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• 'the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' (Swedish). My wife and I both thought that this was GREAT. The violence towards women in it is pretty harsh and graphic, but it fits the needs of the story being told. The production values in it are pretty high, so I really don't understand the NEED for an American remake...that being said, I'm interested to see what Fincher does with it and I'm interested to see what Daniel Craig does with the lead role.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I too, but still won't be as good as this. It's gonna lack the European sensibilities...

Glad to see we're GREEN on that one, Matt!
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm with you too Matt- thought it was great. I just pre-ordered The Girl Who Plays With Fire-its released on DVD next week.

Comment

• By European sensabilities, Martin means girl on girl action and lack of shaved underarms.

But yes, that movie is really really good. And seeing that one scene with the parole officer in the hotel room in a room filled with old people. Well, you can figure out the rest.

Comment

• I had a hard time with the early rape scenes involving Lizbeth and her guardian. The revenge that she gets on him is pretty damned sweet, though.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X