Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I fucked that up, Tim. /sadKeanu

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
      I'd say that's right. Though Pacino had just had a big hit (his first for a while) with Sea of Love. Certainly Keaton hadn't had a significant hit since Baby Boom.
      You're probably right, before that, it was Scarface. I honestly can't think of any movies that feature him during the mid 80s?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 1989 Sea of Love
        Det. Frank Keller

1985 Revolution
        Tom Dobb

1983 Scarface
        Tony Montana

1982 Author! Author!
        Ivan Travalian

1980 Cruisin
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I was right, nothing worth of note between Scarface and Sea of Love.

Comment

• Wow, that's amazing - I never realized he had such a lull in the 80s. I mean, when you think of Pacino, you think of a huge star, constantly getting those accolades!
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• He stepped it up in the 90s with Dick Tracy, Scent of a Woman (Which sadly brought up the "Pacino" we're all familar with), Heat, The Insider, Donnie Brasco, Glengarry Glen Ross, Devil's Advocate (Make of it what you will. And yes naked Connie Nielsen and Charleze THereon), and Carlito's Way.

Comment

• Revolution was a notorious bomb for Pacino (and with good reason - its a fucking dull film) and he was out of favour for much of the 80s.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Notice I struck Any Given Sunday, I find the dialogue to be terrible in that movie.

I've said it before but I think his work in The Insider is his last great movie work. He was fantastic as Roy Cohn in Angels in America.

Comment

• The "inches" speech in Any Given Sunday is classic though. I know so many people who use that as an example of a motivational talk par excellence.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Best thing about III? The soundtrack. Sometimes I'll just leave the tv on in the background if it's on cable. Marcia Religioso and Cavalleria Rusticana FTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                        Best thing about III? The laughtrack.
                        Fixed.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I have the GF3 soundtrack. it is aces.

Comment

• Gave Pineapple Express another go. It's about as good as I remember. Maybe a little better, but I still don't love it the way a lot of people seem to.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Oh, Bobby. I really wanna like you, but you're making it hard...

Comment

• Gotdamn. Pineapple is fucking amazing.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X