Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    I'm aware of The Expendables, but I'm saying you will never have the Joseph Zito/CANNON productions mark of quality anymore.
    Well, the whole reason for their wonderfully hilarious subtext isn't around anymore.

No matter how much they masturbate in his presidential libarry, it won't bring him back.

(Though a grindhouse flick with Reagan as the villain should have been made FUCKING YESTERDAY)
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• There was a grindhouse flick with Reagan as the villain. It's called The Killers and it features Lee Marvin.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• A Don Siegel movie ain't no grindhouse.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's the closest you're going to get.

Comment

• Bull fucking shit it is.

Reagan wasn't Reagan then. He had yet to lose his fucking mind.

It hasn't been a well-worn role, and we've had enough easily accepted chickenshit Nixon-as-token-villain films (Black Dynamite the exception to this) to choke a boatload of Dominicans.

It's time for a new cartoony villain. And Ronnie is his name.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-27-2010, 07:24 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's the only movie that I know of where Reagan played a bad guy. Don't believe me? Read Reagan: The Hollywood Years by Marc Elliot. Until then:

Comment

• I don't give a ballgag about the real mccoy Ron.

I'm talking "hire Bill Sadler and give him a quad-rocket launcher" Ron.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• There's a horror movie that involves a Ronald Reagan impersonator. It's called The Tripper.

Comment

• Good lord, that sounds terrible.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The fact it was directed by David Arquette is pretty much the tipoff.

Besides, the public perception of Ron was that he was the kind, not really with it old guy whose wife consulted astrologists. It just wouldn't work if you had a guy playing Reagan as some kind of evil mastermind. The only time that ever worked was in that classic SNL sketch with Phil Hartman.

As seen here
                      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 09-27-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Just watched Phantom of the Paradise. I should have seen this movie years ago. The camera work in this is unbelievable.

Also, boomers picked the wrong rock musical movie. Once again, Fuck Rocky Horror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          The fact it was directed by David Arquette is pretty much the tipoff.

Besides, the public perception of Ron was that he was the kind, not really with it old guy whose wife consulted astrologists. It just wouldn't work if you had a guy playing Reagan as some kind of evil mastermind. The only time that ever worked was in that classic SNL sketch with Phil Hartman.
                          I dunno, I think Iran-Contra, his "not a single fuck was given that day" attitude regarding the AIDS crisis, and funding the joke of a war on drugs are perfectly in line with how the best 80's masterminds roll.

And who can forget Star Wars. Who gives a bonerpill if it never got off the ground, it was an ambitious and unrealistic project that was considered "totally baller" in the mastermind community.

You put some broth with that bone, some veggies, baby you gotta stew goin'.

(I miss Phil Hartman.)
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-27-2010, 10:56 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• See all of that shit relates to his administration, not necessarily him.

And AIDS during the Reagan era was handled masterfully in Angels in America.

Comment

• I'm just sayin' there's a whole bunch of shit there to mine for 80's villainy.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, and that's why we've got 80s yuppie scumbags, something that should have been explored in "I come in Peace".

Anyway, I can't say it enough YOU'VE got to watch Phantom of the Paradise. Rherb, I demand that you see this movie. It is right up your alley as an Edgar Wright fan to check this out.

Comment

Working...
                                X