Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very fair.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I STILL need to see this one. thanks for the reminder.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
        Shutter Island

Very similar reaction to this the 2nd time round as I did with The Prestige. Once trying to second guess the twist is out of the way, you are free to drink in the incredible filmmaking and excellent performances of all involved. This is an excellent film and I can see I'll be arguing with people who can't see past the lighthouse scene for years to come.

Scorsese is unleashed here, having the most fun with camera and editing techniques since maybe Cape Fear and the use of light throughout is quite astonishing. DiCaprio has had a stellar year too and his work here and in Inception is neck and neck as being the best of his career.
        Is still think The Prestige is so much better than Shutter Island. The "twist" and misdirection is core to The Prestige. In shutter, it's distracting. The lighthouse scene is for me classic overexposition. SI is well made, but The Prestige works with the twist, not despite of it.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• God The Prestige is so great. I can watch it on a loop. I still want my Tesla movie starring Bowie.

Comment

• In some aspects the movie is better than the book though the book's ending is creepier.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I assume you meant for The Prestiege. The ending for Shutter Island is exactly the same in the book
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Is still think The Prestige is so much better than Shutter Island. The "twist" and misdirection is core to The Prestige. In shutter, it's distracting. The lighthouse scene is for me classic overexposition. SI is well made, but The Prestige works with the twist, not despite of it.
                There's misdirection in the adaptation. But the book is better in that regard, as it leaves it to the readers' imagination on whether there was a twin or not.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Im surprised you guys love The Prestige. I always assumed it was (wrongly) maligned. It's a brilliant film. And, yes, I prefer it to SI at this point. But I still think there's so much great in Scorsese's film that it will sit comfortably in my 2010 top ten.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I adore 'The Prestige'. That was a great theatrical experience for myself and the wife unit...I figured out Jackman's secret and my wife figured out Bale's. We were both so completely pleased with ourselves during the last act of the film.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Currently watching Max Headroom. I knew this show was 80s but not THAT 80s!
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Way of the Gun.

So well made. Such a good script. Really good action scenes. But fuck me, Ryan Phillippe is annoying. He's just awful. I wouldn't recast a single part except him - it would be amazing to see what Colin Farrell or someone like him could have done with the part. He prevents me saying it's a 5-star film.

Comment

• That and the fact that it starts at such an insane high point that it desperately scrambles to get back there.

Threatening to fuck-start Sarah Silverman's head is the greatest thing ole Brillohead's done not named Abbie Cornish.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Shut that cunt's mouth or I'll come over there and fuckstart her head" is pretty great. But the delivery by Silverman's boyf of, "She's got a big mouth, but she's right. I'm gonna whip you silly and fuck you stupid" is also awesome sauce.

Comment

• GRACE- I generally don't like it when a movie is deliberately slow-paced but this one really worked for me. I'm not sure why but it's super-creepy. Not sure why they threw in the annoying vegan angle. It was unnecessary if the point was to show the extent of Ladd's love for her child or even to accentuate how gruesome the feeding requirements were. Last scene is pretty fucked, even with the terrible CG.

THE HURT LOCKER- HOLY SHIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                THE HURT LOCKER- HOLY SHIT.
                                Saw that again last night too.

Still get goosebumps when Renner finds the spiderweb of IEDs.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X