Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still find The Warriors to be the better NY in the late 70s movie

Even though I did wonder what in the fuck did those gangs do all day?
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• You might have a point, Ed. I'd have to watch 'em back-to-back to compare. Maybe toss in Death Wish, The French Connection, and Marathon Man as well, so I get the whole NYC in the Seventies vibe.

As to the gangs, probably cut classes, slept all day, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        They also released a PG version of the film in theaters, so as to get the Travolta fans in that were underaged for the R version (I only ever saw the R version, but I remember the commercials for the PG version when I was a kid).
        I was lucky - at age 14, my sister managed somehow to get me in to the R rated version. Which was perfectly okay with my mom - I don't think parents realized how dark of a film this really was, so they all just figured, "Hey, it's the Vinnie Barbarino dancing movie!"

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        The PG version must have been hilarious. How did they replace the "Bigger than a ....." line?
        I saw the R rated version in the theater, and then the PG version a year later. I don't remember what they did with that line, specifically, but I do remember Tony's line to Annette going from "Now you're a cunt" to "Now you're a pig."
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Toss some Pelham 1-2-3 in the mix and I'd watch that mini-fest of nostalgi-sleaze.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I agree with inebriated Paddy Considine here.

And don't forget Taxi Driver

Comment

• or 'Dirty Harry'. Wait, that's San Francisco. It's a 70s vibe, though.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gotta add in Network, Dog Day Afternoon and The Seven-Ups. Might want to wrap the whole thing up with Maniac and Times Square from 1980.

You know what flick I haven't seen in awhile? The Choirboys (1977). That's got a similar vibe to above, but is set in LA. If we allow Dirty Harry, we should add The Choirboys, too.
                Last edited by Timothy225; 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• And because you want to feel real dirty. Toss in Ms. 45 and Cruising for good measure.

Comment

• And if we're adding Network, we're adding The Hospital.

(Holy fuck. Them 70s.)
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh yeah.

It's difficult to find 70s films featuring LA. It doesn't come up too often. There's always Straight Time with Dustin Hoffman.

Comment

• 'Mean Streets'. 'Annie Hall'.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Marathon Man.

Diamond district represent.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• We should watch everyone of these films in a run-down theater. With lots of beer, old hot dogs, and sticky floors. For the ambiance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              We should watch everyone of these films in a run-down theater. With lots of beer, old hot dogs, and sticky floors. For the ambiance!
                              FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU someone get on this
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Complete with a skeezy guy who may or may not be yanking it under the raincoat.

Comment

Working...
                                X