Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And it was a shot for shot remake of his original German flick, that most people haven't seen.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I liked The Strangers. It was a 7.5 out of 10 for me. But Funny Games poorly built up the climax points (IMO). I just thought it was slow and poorly directed. Now I kinda want to see the original just to see how much worst the first was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
        And it was a shot for shot remake of his original German flick, that most people haven't seen.
        and even i knew this. and the german version was praised by critics... up until it came to america.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Funny Games >>>>>>>>The Strangers

By a mile.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I enjoyed the hell out of the Strangers, but I think audience participation helped with that. I've wanted to see Funny Games for a while now. Wayne, if you bought it, let me borrow it!
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I rented Funny Games. But I will rent it again so you can see it. All in all, I can't say it was even good. I would not recommend this film to anyone but film school students as a "what not to do" tutorial. The intro to the film really sets the feel for the most of the movie. Which is a big fat WTF! The plot rough outline of the movie is a brilliant idea! I was excited to final see the film and so let down by the directing. The acting was great and the dialog was well played but poorly written. So much could have been cut or at least re-shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
                I rented Funny Games. But I will rent it again so you can see it. All in all, I can't say it was even good. I would not recommend this film to anyone but film school students as a "what not to do" tutorial. The intro to the film really sets the feel for the most of the movie. Which is a big fat WTF! The plot rough outline of the movie is a brilliant idea! I was excited to final see the film and so let down by the directing. The acting was great and the dialog was well played but poorly written. So much could have been cut or at least re-shot.

I just don't know how to respond. IT's one thing to say you didn't like a movie because it wasn't your bag, but to say it's a "what not to do" tutorial? Come on man.

Comment

• HAHAHAHHA welcome to the world of Wayne
                  I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                  Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                  Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                  She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

• Fido 7.3
                    Safe Men 7.0
                    Smart People 7.5
                    Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus 7.3
                    PU-239 6.9
                    Last edited by PHEDG; 09-26-2008, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• double post, oops
                      Last edited by PHEDG; 09-26-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• I just watched the first ep of Supernatural. It was good. I also, grabbed all of Six Feet Under for like $100. As for movies, I was watching My Kid Could Paint That today, and it was cool. I like how it let you make up your own mind as for what happened.
                        "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

• That whole My Kid Could Paint is one giant conspiracy. Wait till you get to the Wendigo episode of Supernatural, we love that episode.

Comment

• 30 DAYS OF NIGHT- It's nice to finally see the origin of DSV. Interesting concept, pretty blah execution. What the hell happened to the vampires? Are they they last of their kind? Are there other colonies using gross, super-dirty Ben Fosters to infiltrate small towns?

ONCE- Pretty great. The music is fantastic and Irglova is so cute I want to sell her flowers for her so she can just sit around and be cute.

Comment

• Yeah, 30 days sucked pretty hard. And the idea is pretty much a flawless one. Just horrible, horrible execution.

Comment

• I watched about 30mins of this and fell a sleep, I was a tad bored with it.
                                "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Working...
                                X