Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWIW I really enjoy Willy Wonka. Primarily due to nostalgia, secondly due to Wilder and thirdly because the book is one of my favorites. Is it a musical? Maybe, but musicals to me are movies like: Chicago, Westside Story, Moulin Rouge...At the end of the day it is not an AMAZING FILM but I think it has it's place. As far as it holding up...that movie is so fucking dated it's ridiculous, but IMO that adds to the novelty.

Movies I've seen in the last few days:
    - Public Enemies; Depp is always awesome, Cotilard (sp) is awesome, Bale is average. By far this is one of the most boring Mann films ever. Could have easily been condensed by at least 45 mins...also, the one heavy action scene was really cool. Plus any movie with Don Frye is ok by me. 64% APPROVED
    - O Brother Where Art Thou; watched a few minutes got tired...so far I like it. I'll stick with it.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Oh, no. No. NO. NO! NO!! NO!!!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by V View Post
      Could be worse...

YOU'RE TEARING ME APAAAARRT!!!

By the way - are we private now from that pissy little bitch? He seemed to think the things we talk about over here are lame, but since I don't remember anyone inviting his sexist ass over here, he can fuck off if he's reading this (Rob, if you want to delete this now that I've gotten that off my chest, it's okay).
      Last edited by Lisa; 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
          You know what, I hate Velvet Goldmine.

I love Wizard of Oz and Singin' in the Rain. Couldn't care less about Willy Wonka. But you wanna talk about a boring film? Velvet fucking Goldmine.

And Matt has a point: South Park is the best musical Hollywood has produced in about forty years. By which I mean, it will hold up better than any others you care to name from that period. I liked Moulin Rouge a lot when it came out, but have you tried to watch it recently?

I will fuck your neck open for your invalid opinion.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Finished O Brother...decent I guess. Maybe I missed the point, but it was fun. I guess this would fit into the musical category, which was actually the best part of the movie.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• ya know, I really enjoyed 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. I got dragged kicking and screaming to it when it was out in the theaters and had a great time, and it's held up pretty well on subsequent viewings. Clooney is so damned good in this film.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Can't listen to that soundtrack without pain killers and booze to stem the waves of unmitigated hate that takes over my thought processes.

A mandatory road trip with the backwoods side of the family is liable for the Manchurian Candidate I am today.

(I loved it beforehand.)
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• We're in a tight spot!
                  We...thought you...was a TOOOOOOOAD!

and yeah, I'm getting a Dapper Dan t-shirt the next time that LETN has a sale.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• O Brother! has aged beautifully. I liked it when I first saw it - I bloody love it now. It holds up just fine. Its also among Roger Deakins' finest work, which is really saying something.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                      Can't listen to that soundtrack without pain killers and booze to stem the waves of unmitigated hate that takes over my thought processes.

A mandatory road trip with the backwoods side of the family is liable for the Manchurian Candidate I am today.

(I loved it beforehand.)
                      You're a FOP man, aren't you?

Comment

• My mother loves the soundtrack.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I actually came in here to say I just finished I Love You, Philip Morris.

On the one hand, its unbelievable that this has had such a hard time getting distribution stateside, when its already done ok over here and is readily available on DVD. Its both Carrey's and McGregor's best work in years. Its funny and sad and touching and a helluva true story.

On the other hand, I can totally see why no distributor wanted to touch it. The early scenes - while far from graphic - deal with homo-sex in a very frank manner. There's a scene where you see Carrey frantically doggy fucking someone out of shot, shouting, "I'm gonna come!". Then the person he's doing raises there head and its a man. He replies, "Come in my ass, man!" and the voiceover declares, "And I did". I can see that not playing to a fair few States...

But I figure if you go watch a film starring two male leads called I Love You, Philip Morris, you should know what you're getting yourself into (so to speak). The point is, its a damn fine film and it does not overstay its welcome. It rattles a long at a fair old pace and fits in so much in its meagre running time. As stated, Carrey and McGregor are great and the script is really top notch, if a little over reliant on voiceover. Its akin to Bad Santa but with a bucket load more heart. And it would make a great double bill with The Informant!
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            You're a FOP man, aren't you?
                            It's all they carry in the southwest.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I have been wanting to check out that movie for MONTHS. Not only is this a true story, (Book is pretty good by the way) it's the kind of story that's PERFECT for movies. But since it features two dudes banging. OH WELL we can't have that now can we.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                                Its akin to Bad Santa
                                YES

but with a bucket load more heart.
                                SHIT
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X