Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Yes. They are musicals and that's fine. They're just not my bag, regardless of the fact that they're also westerns or war movies.

I DID enjoy 'Moulin Rouge', though.
    Moulin Rogue is fucking timeless.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Not only that, Singin' in the Rain is a great look as to how the entire movie industry changed with the invention of sound.

It's kind of funny the movie is called Singin' in the Rain even though that's only from one scene in the movie. The title has NOTHING to do with the movie.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Man-eating plants, a coked out Steve Martin, and a Bill Murray cameo couldn't make a musical tolerable.

Musicals are a fucking atrocity.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          The more I think about it. The more I think the casting of Gene Wilder was some goddamn brilliance.
          That's probably my favorite piece of casting in the history of film. One of my favorite movies ever. I love finding some dark, morose, horrible comment that I never noticed before and thinking about how I watched it as a kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
            Man-eating plants, a coked out Steve Martin, and a Bill Murray cameo couldn't make a musical tolerable.

Fuck you. Little Shop of Horrors is CLASSIC.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I can't watch it without nappin'.

Sorry. The whole genre is just not my bag/I hate fun.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                Not only that, Singin' in the Rain is a great look as to how the entire movie industry changed with the invention of sound.
                Exactly - the whole Lina Lamont sub-plot was hilarious. And it's based on true movie history - some of the greatest stars of the silent era had their careers ruined once talking pictures came on the scene. Some people who had nothing but their beautiful faces to fall back on, yet had atrocious grammar and speaking voices, never worked again. The sub-plot with Lina was played for laughs, and although it's dated, it still works. It's part of film history.

"An' I keeeeen't stan' him!"
                "Caaaan't."
                "Keeeeeeen't...."
                "CAAAAAANNN'T"
                "KEEEEEEEEENNNNN'T!!!"
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  Man-eating plants, a coked out Steve Martin, and a Bill Murray cameo couldn't make a musical tolerable.

I loved this movie as a kid, but only when there wasn't music involved.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The GF had me watch Rocky Horror a couple months ago. Only the second time I've seen it, first time I was like 14. Fuck what an abomination.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      The GF had me watch Rocky Horror a couple months ago. Only the second time I've seen it, first time I was like 14. Fuck what an abomination.
                      Y'know something? Yes! Don't get me wrong, I love the soundtrack a lot. But honestly, I've only ever seen the movie a couple of times, just to see what all the fuss was about with the audience participation and such, and it was just okay. I threw toast at the screen, yelled out everything I was supposed to, some guy behind me pretended to cum and squirted the back of my sweatshirt with hair conditioner, etc. I mean, the experience was fun for a couple of times, but it wasn't worth going much more than that.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Rocky Horror must be one of those "YA HAD TO BE THERE" moments. It sure as shit explains KISS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          The GF had me watch Rocky Horror a couple months ago. Only the second time I've seen it, first time I was like 14. Fuck what an abomination.
                          FUCKING HATE ROCKY HORROR. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEHATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Huh, if I didn't know any better. I'd swore that he hates Rocky Horror.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• When did BDR mean hate fun? Man.
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X