Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Becket yesterday, with Peter O'Toole as Henry II and Richard Burton as Thomas Becket, with great performances by John Gielgud and Sian Philips (wow, what a cutie she was!). Great period piece, and adaption of the play, as well as an interesting take on the relationship of Becket and the king. Becket's new responsibilities as Archbishop of Canterbury caused a spiritual reawakening and maturity in him, while the king stayed immature and in a love-hate relationship with Becket. Great classic film.

Comment

• Brian De Palma's The Fury

When Edgar Wright recommends a film, you see that goddamn film ASAP.

Plus, John Casavettes blows up real good heh heh heh heh and Dennis Franz WITH hair.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• There Will Be Blood. Daniel Plainview is probably my second favorite performance on film behind Michael Corleone.

Comment

• 'Kick-Ass' again. I watched it again, while doing my ironing. It just gets better and better with each viewing.

HOWEVER, I have now determined that Mark Strong is the film's secret weapon. His performance is truly spectacular...funny, vicious, and nuanced in a way that it didn't have to be. He took what was on the page and really made it work beautifully.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Back to the Future. Probably one of the best sci-fi flicks of all time.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That score is one of the most inspirational things EVER!

Seriously, how can you not feel great after listening to that score?

Comment

• Everything in that movie works perfectly. I honestly can't think of a fault.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Nope, can't think of one either.

Comment

• My only gripe is that the dvd I have isn't the best transfer. I really cannot wait for the bluray set to hit. Also, Crispin is fucking AMAZING in this.

Comment

• Shame he couldn't really go beyond that, but the guy's crazy so it's not surprising.

Comment

• Simon Says begs to differ. h aha

Comment

• Me being the weepy bitch that I am, who cries over everything in every movie, I even have a weepy BTTF moment. When Marvin Berry and the band are really hitting their stride during "Earth Angel", and the song reaches the big crescendo just as Marty's parents kiss for the first time, it's not even the kiss that gets me - it's when Marty looks at his family photo in the neck of his guitar, and sees himself and his siblings pop back into the picture, one right after the other. I totally get teary during that part.

That movie is aces, no argument!
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I originally was going to do a review on Simon Says but Randall said to me "If you don't like these kinds of movies. Why in the hell are you watching it?"

Plus, I love how everything goes down the night before my 2nd birthday. Hee Hee

Comment

• I love BTTF. I need to see those films again.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Speaking of Kick Ass we went to Red Robin for lunch yesterday and at a table nearby was a loud talker and he was talking about Kick Ass a lot and LOUDLY.
                                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X