Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    You lie.

Even I cried, and I've eaten my lunch during interrogations.
    Nope. I've seen it a few times, no tears. I mean it's sad and all, but no crying. Now pop in Man on the Moon and you'll get water works.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by King Alfonso Zarate View Post
      Do it. It's not even projecting Marlon Brando's head yet.
      "Kal-El, my son... pound that snizz like a boss. For Krypton!"

Comment

• Brain fartery.

I had some beer and turkey chili last night and flipped through the overpriced pile of shit that is Time Warner caybullshit and saw the fucking OG NINJA TURLES movie on one of the premiums.

I saw the shit out of some premo nostalgia last night. And I had a blast.

Lost my shit when I saw the pre-ooze Splinter puppet doing ninja moves in its cage. Jesus.

The fights are pretty lame by today's standards, but the Jim Henson Creature Shop did some outfuckingstanding work that still holds up.

Michelangelo: "Fight?"

Donatello: "Fiiiiight."

M: "Kitchen?"

D: "Kiiiiiitchen."

M: "Pork rind?"

D: "PERK RUND."
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Ninja kick the damn rabbit!"
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Alfonso Zarate View Post
            Brain fartery.

I had some beer and turkey chili last night and flipped through the overpriced pile of shit that is Time Warner caybullshit and saw the fucking OG NINJA TURLES movie on one of the premiums.

I saw the shit out of some premo nostalgia last night. And I had a blast.

Lost my shit when I saw the pre-ooze Splinter puppet doing ninja moves in its cage. Jesus.

The fights are pretty lame by today's standards, but the Jim Henson Creature Shop did some outfuckingstanding work that still holds up.

Michelangelo: "Fight?"

Donatello: "Fiiiiight."

M: "Kitchen?"

D: "Kiiiiiitchen."

M: "Pork rind?"

D: "PERK RUND."
            Still dig that movie. The scene where Leo is meditating by the fire? ACES>
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Departed on Blu. Always a winner.

Originally posted by V View Post
              You lie.

Even I cried, and I've eaten my lunch during interrogations.
              This is such a pimp reply it hurts.

And yes, Speed Racer was fun.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• A doc called "Modify". Really fucking interesting doc about body modification ranging from body building to scarification. Can't wait to get my sleeve started....

Comment

• Jerry Maguire.

Man, that film is good. I hadn't watched it in a decade. Its schmatlzy as all hell, but it works. Two scenes that still get me - "I've got a great guy who loves my kid and, well, he sure does like me a lot" followed by Springsteen and, of course, "You had me at 'hello'". Misty eyes.

It also marks the start point of Tom Cruise's run of awesomeness. You could count Interview with the Vampire I suppose, but he wasn't the lead in that.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oh, and I love Up as much as the next guy, but Rob's right - The Incredibles is a farking masterpiece. From a design point alone, its head and shoulders Pixar's best work. But throw in the voice cast, the score and the single best superhero script yet made and I don't even think its a matter of opinion.

Its the Fantastic Four meets Watchmen as designed by Ken Adams and directed by Raiders-era Spielberg.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                      Oh, and I love Up as much as the next guy, but Rob's right - The Incredibles is a farking masterpiece. From a design point alone, its head and shoulders Pixar's best work. But throw in the voice cast, the score and the single best superhero script yet made and I don't even think its a matter of opinion.

Its the Fantastic Four meets Watchmen as designed by Ken Adams and directed by Raiders-era Spielberg.
                      Seconded and well said.

Also, Dogshit > 'Speed Racer'
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• CHOKE- I like Sam Rockwell but he just didn't do anything for me this time. I think the book is pretty good (it is my third favorite of Palahniuk's story [singular because he writes the same thing every time]) so I guess I'll chalk it up to Agent Coulson not being as good a writer/director as Fincher. Britta has really nice boobies, though.

Comment

Oh, and I love Up as much as the next guy, but Rob's right - The Incredibles is a farking masterpiece. From a design point alone, its head and shoulders Pixar's best work. But throw in the voice cast, the score and the single best superhero script yet made and I don't even think its a matter of opinion.

Is it a great superhero movie? Undoubtedly. They have different themes which makes judging them problematic. That being said, Up's life and death theme edges The Incredibles family theme (in my mind).
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Movie day.

Radio Bikini. Documentary about the surface testing Am R kuh did in the Marshall Islands. The last five minutes with the atomic veteran are heart/gut-wrenching.

Home. Isabelle Huppert flick about a family that loses their bohemian existence when the highway near their home is reopened. The deterioration of the family unit really reminded me of McEwan's Cement Garden (albeit not as incestuous).

Grace. Jordan Ladd was really fucking good in this one.

Some Grace math:
                            (Little Shop of Horrors) + (It's Alive) / (Fucked + Up).

The Beat My Heart Skipped. Great redux of the Toback movie Fingers. Plot revolves around a kid whose loyalty is torn between his dad and his criminal livelihood and becoming a concert pianist. Still have that Kills track stuck in my head.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Just watched the new Clash of the Titans on blu. Some cool action scenes but nothing special. Made me think, while watching it, that Guillermo del Toro would be an awesome choice for a movie like this, maybe even a God of War film.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Jerry Maguire.

Man, that film is good. I hadn't watched it in a decade. Its schmatlzy as all hell, but it works. Two scenes that still get me - "I've got a great guy who loves my kid and, well, he sure does like me a lot" followed by Springsteen and, of course, "You had me at 'hello'". Misty eyes.

It also marks the start point of Tom Cruise's run of awesomeness. You could count Interview with the Vampire I suppose, but he wasn't the lead in that.
                                All true. And may I add that Bonnie Hunt deserves a lot more love than she gets in that movie. "Okay, okay, don't cry at the beginning of the date. Cry at the end of the date, like I do." When I saw the movie in the theaters, that line made me laugh HARD - since Bonnie Hunt is about my age, and given my dating history at that time, that was probably my favorite line.
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X