Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Pretty in Pink all the way through for the first time ever, while drinking. So very 80s. Spader is plays such a fantastic dickhead. He is only equaled by Parker Posey in regards to playing the asshole.

The alcohol is helping.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
      Watching Pretty in Pink all the way through for the first time ever, while drinking. So very 80s. Spader is plays such a fantastic dickhead. He is only equaled by Parker Posey in regards to playing the asshole.

The alcohol is helping.

James Spader might be a perfect asshole, but he's working off the human tampon that is Andrew McCarthy.

I wish Patrick Bateman would've shown up and dropped a chainsaw on his ass.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
        Watching Pretty in Pink all the way through for the first time ever, while drinking. So very 80s. Spader is plays such a fantastic dickhead. He is only equaled by Parker Posey in regards to playing the asshole.

The alcohol is helping.
        Oh, girl, you are singing my song. I love that movie.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 'Step Brothers'

I'd never seen it before. I DVR'd it a few weeks ago and finally talked the wife unit into watching it with me. She was prepared for the worst.

FUNNY AS HELL. For some reason, this film really clicked for the both of us. It kinda petered out towards the end but no matter...the laughs were big and continuous throughout.

Highlights:
          - Sleepwalking. The scene where they brought up all of the Christmas presents and the tree KILLED me.
          - ballsack on the drums.
          - the brother's horny wife.

Good stuff.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Hoping to watch Kick Ass again to see if I can understand the love.

Just watched Green Zone and thought it was decent.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              'Step Brothers'

I'd never seen it before. I DVR'd it a few weeks ago and finally talked the wife unit into watching it with me. She was prepared for the worst.

FUNNY AS HELL. For some reason, this film really clicked for the both of us. It kinda petered out towards the end but no matter...the laughs were big and continuous throughout.

Highlights:
              - Sleepwalking. The scene where they brought up all of the Christmas presents and the tree KILLED me.
              - ballsack on the drums.

Good stuff.
              I fucking love that flick. John C. Reilly is fucking great.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Boats N' Hoes!
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Hoping to watch Kick Ass again to see if I can understand the love.
                  I really don't get the high levels of love. It's an uneven movie that can't quite make-up who the lead really is (Kick Ass or Hit Girl). Hit Girl has the more complete arc yet she's more of a side story.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yes. *brofist*

Comment

• Seriously, watching it again it feels much more Kickass's story. It's just cos Hitgirl has all the great moments the first time through. When you know what's coming, it's much more balanced.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        'Step Brothers'

Highlights:
                        - ballsack on the drums.

Good stuff.
                        I never saw this, but George and I almost always pause and think about renting it everytime we go to get a movie. Good to hear recommendations for it. The one part that I've always loved was the part they would show in the commercials when Will Ferrell is burying John C. Reilly in the backyard:

"My dad will find me!"
                        "Your dad will NEVER find you!"

That just kills me!
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Lisa, I'm tellin' ya...rent this film. It's far, far funnier than I ever thought it was going to be. It's also CONSISTENTLY funny throughout its runtime...I can't think of a single dull spot in the film where we went more than a couple of minutes without a solid laugh. My wife, who is a very, VERY tough customer on comedies, absolutely loved 'Step Brothers'.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                            Seriously, watching it again it feels much more Kickass's story. It's just cos Hitgirl has all the great moments the first time through. When you know what's coming, it's much more balanced.
                            Agreed 100%. Once you get past how awesome Hit Girl is and can concentrate on the story, you'll really realize that Kick-Ass has a pretty strong arc.

Comment

• Step Brothers is amazing. When Ferrell is trying to keep the "magic sauce" away from Reilly at the dinner table, holy shit.

"This house was built in 1870 by Andrew Jackson."

Fucking Catalina wine mixer!

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGxI_M7FC-M

Comment

Working...
                                X