Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Agreed, Moore was wwwwaaaayyyyy too old. But Tanya Roberts is hot. Theme song was/is pretty rad.
    Tanya Roberts is the absolute WORST Bond gal by far. She's eye candy, nothing more. She's one of the worst actresses to ever land a job in Hollywood...zero talent, zero presence. She's a life support system for a great chest, that's it.

She kills EVERY. SINGLE. SCENE. that she's in. She makes Denise Richards seem like a master thespian.

Awful.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Going back to Bond, who in the hell thought it was a good idea to include Sheriff Pepper?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Going back to Bond, who in the hell thought it was a good idea to include Sheriff Pepper?
        Probably marketing. You must admit, he was a memorable character from LaLD, and he probably got a huge response from the audiences who saw the film theatrically. Indeed, I can see an early 70s audience eating that character up. I'll also admit to kinda liking his inclusion in MwtGG, as his one-on-one interactions with Moore are pretty good.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• 70s had a weird obession with rednecks and truckers.

Comment

• Gotta agree - Moore was looking WAY too old for the franchise by the time of For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy (the only Bond film that never stuck with me, and I've seen 'em all repeatedly), and I think the fact that he was still getting hot babes in the films was a bit of a disconnect for me. Same would hold true for Connery in his last Bond turn in Never Say Never Again. Much as he's my favorite Bond (although Daniel Craig was on a fast track to replace him IMO), I wasn't buying that he'd score a Kim Basinger in that flick.

I will say Moore rocked the ever-loving shit out of ffolkes, though. And when he was younger, on TV as The Saint? Gold, dudes!

Comment

• Ever see what Al Swearengen looked like during the late 60s? My god he looked amazing.

Comment

• Moore should have ended his run on 'For Your Eyes Only'. He was old, but he wasn't unreasably old. He didn't start to look OLD old until 'Octopussy' (which is, apart from the opening sequence, largely forgettable).

Have I mentioned yet that I'm in love with Caroline Bouquet (Melina Havelock) from FYEO? No? Then let me mention it.

(ahem)

I'M IN LOVE WITH CAROLINE BOUQUET. BEST BOND GAL EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  70s had a weird obession with rednecks and truckers.
                  Hey, it was the 70's, Ed. CB radios, Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit (fuck, ANYTHING Hal Needham related!), etc.

You had to be in the thick of it like I was when I was a kid to get it. Of course, looking back, I had no idea what the hell we were thinking either.

So, this is the Tim-man, doing double nickels in case Smokey's watching, come back?

Comment

• It's the only reason why Jimmy Carter got elected. Had to have been.

Comment

• Yeah, the 70s was a wierd era to actually LIVE through. You have to remember, the hairstyles and clothing all MADE SENSE and LOOKED COOL back then. Everything that seems odd NOW seemed normal then...ah, nostalgia.

Then again, I could say the same thing about the 80s to you young punks.

Comment

• I'm sure in 20 years people will be saying the same thing about the 00s.

And no one besmirches the 80s and gets away with it. 'Cept for the late late 80s, then things got weird.

Although the one hang up I have those decades is that eyeglasses looked fuck-ugly back then.
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-30-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• The 80's sucked.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The 80's sucked.
                            for YOU, maybe. I hated high school (long story) but loved everything else. That was a fun, FUN decade to be a teenage metalhead.

Comment

• 90s wasn't exactly all that great either. Thanks a lot GEN X.

Comment

• you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X