Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See, I'm a big misguided fan of the Roger Moore era. Being born in 1970, Roger Moore was my THEATRICAL Bond and Sean Connery was my SUNDAY NIGHT ON ABC VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED Bond.

I GET that most of the Moore films are campy and fairly unwatchable now. I GET that. At the time of their release, they were damned fun to watch (except for 'A View to a Kill'...that one was shit from day one). 'Moonraker' was a total gas to see in the movie theaters...turn of your cynical hate and watch it sometime...it's FUN!

I will admit that there are only 2 legitimately great Moore-era Bond films that hold up today: 'The Spy who Loved Me' and 'For Your Eyes Only'. I'll still happily watch the others whenever they come on.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Never liked the henchmen in Diamonds are Forever. That whole "Mr. Wink" thing was annoying.

But I'm a Dalton man myself. Man, got the short end of the stick.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Dalton got hosed. He had a legitimately great film ('The Living Daylights') that got followed up with a horseshit sequel ('License to Kill') which deservedly tanked at the box office. The failure of LTK was NOT his fault, though...he was great in it. Had the Bond franchise not fallen into difficulties, I'd have really liked to see him do several more entries.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Funny thing is that the produces really wanted Brosnan in the 80s but Brosnan couldn't get out Remmington Steele. So they went with Dalton, a guy who they wanted even in the late 60s and instead went with Lazenby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Never liked the henchmen in Diamonds are Forever. That whole "Mr. Wink" thing was annoying.

But I'm a Dalton man myself. Man, got the short end of the stick.
            I've got your back on that one, Ed. Dalton's Bond was pretty good, and I would've loved to see him go up against SPECTRE or have a continuing villain, like Blofeld, but we were denied, alas.

Matt, believe me, I get what you're saying, and Moore's Bond often ventured into high camp (you forgot to mention The Man With The Golden Gun! Great flick, and Christopher Lee rocked as Scaramanga). I really can't explain why I get a charge from Diamonds (apart from Jill St. John, that is), but it just sticks with me for some reason. Could very well be that it was one of the first Bond flicks I saw when I was a kid (at a drive-in, no less!), so I more than relate to your appreciation of Moore as your first cinematic Bond.
            Last edited by Timothy225; 07-30-2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Gonna have to disagree with A View To A Kill = shit. Could be because it was my first Bond movie, or at least the one I watched a ton as a kid. Walken was awesome. Wasn't he? It's been a while.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Turned into the muthaflunking Bond thread up in this bitch.

However, all that talk of Lethal Weapon means I've gone and bought the boxset. Thanks to free DVDs that came with my second DVD player, I now own 2 copies of LW4. Pity me. Gonna have a marathon of the first 3 tonight, I reckon.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Good lord, Ben. Not even a homeless man would accept LW4.

Comment

• Sell dem shits! Could get two fitty!

Comment

• Yeah, you'd have to give the two fifty to have the other guy take it off your hands.

Comment

• A View To A Kill isn't bad at all IMO.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Walken was fine in the film, for the most part.

Problems with 'A View to a Kill':
                          - Tanya Roberts
                          - Roger Moore looks really, really old. TOO old. Distractinly old.
                          - Tanya Roberts
                          - Poor pacing. Seriously, it's a fairly dull film with some major lag in it.
                          - Tanya Roberts
                          - The camp humor feels OFF, somehow. You either need to really go for it (ala 'Moonraker') or drop it. Here, it feels like it's been added as an afterthought and it just doesn't work. It also helps that every bit of humor and drama is killed by Tanya Roberts.
                          - Tanya Roberts
                          - The opening sequence sucks. It's a parody of the opening from 'The Spy Who Loved Me', and it starts things off on totally the wrong foot.
                          - Tanya Roberts

It DOES have one of the best theme songs, and the Paris sequence is fairly well done, but that's really about it.

Comment

• Agreed, Moore was wwwwaaaayyyyy too old. But Tanya Roberts is hot. Theme song was/is pretty rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                              Turned into the muthaflunking Bond thread up in this bitch.

However, all that talk of Lethal Weapon means I've gone and bought the boxset. Thanks to free DVDs that came with my second DVD player, I now own 2 copies of LW4. Pity me. Gonna have a marathon of the first 3 tonight, I reckon.
                              Ya know, I really should pick up the LW films. I haven't seen them in years, and I've suddenly got a hankerin' to see the first two.

Comment

• Speaking of Lethal Weapon, I love Gibson's expression as he's gunning down the sniper in the school yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X