Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    ZOMBIELAND- I really liked it but the ending was kind of terrible. Maybe it was me carrying in some expectations but I thought there was going to be a crazy park-destroying war. Instead it was kind of like "eh, the budget's running low. what can we do?"
    Same here. The finale at the amusement park required a few leaps in logic I wasn't completely comfortable with. But, all in all, it wasn't a bad flick. Harrelson was a pisser (he had that hard a time finding a fucking Twinkie? Seriously? With Hostess Stores and 7-11s, Wawas, etc. all over the place?), but I would've hauled off and smacked both girls for some of the shit they pulled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Shutter Island.

Started good, but I saw the twist coming a mile away, and it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
      And the funny thing is, is that is how the book is.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Shutter Island.

Started good, but I saw the twist coming a mile away, and it was baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
        Yup. I mean, is it even really a twist? It's telegraphed the whole way starting like 20 minutes in. I really enjoyed it, up until the end. I was expecting the twist to be that they led us down the wrong path for 2 hours and had something really good up their sleeve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          I would've hauled off and smacked both girls for some of the shit they pulled.
          I would not smack people. It's wasted energy.

If someone slows me down during the inevitable zombie apocalypse, they'll get left behind... and if that happens?

Well, you might as well time the rest of your miserable existence with a stopwatch.

Comment

• I'm sorry guys but in a post-apocalyptic world I am going back to get me some Emma Stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              I'm sorry guys but in a post-apocalyptic world I am going back to get me some Emma Stone.
              I will weep for you... and then I'll keep moving on.

Comment

• The ending is fucking stupid only because it makes no sense character wise that Emma would go to the damn amusement park at night. It only happened so they could have some cool shots. Otherwise I totally dig on that flick.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'll be weeping tears of joy while the zombies eat Emma and I as I give her the best 30 seconds of my life.

Comment

• Really the only issue I have with the end is WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GO UP A GODDAMN RIDE YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF COMING DOWN FROM but it's ok Emma baby I forgive you.

Gimme some sugar baby.

Blow.

Comment

• Groovy
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Holy shit...I think that I may have seen parts of that MST3K version of 'Danger Diabolik' as well! Regardless, yeah...that sounds like a movie that I need to see.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I still love Shutter Island, dumb twist and all. The last scene and the entire rest of the film makes up for the over explanation done by Kingsley.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Actually, the over-explanation kills the movie. It's easy to guess the twist, but it's not very well handled. Too bad the book is like that.

I still couldn't buy DiCaprio being a WW2 vet with 3 kids...

Thursday: INCEPTION!

Hopefully DiCaprio delivers.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Dammit, did you just spoil the movie?
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• No. The twist isn't him being a WW2 vet. And the movie spoils itself before the opening credits are done.

Comment

Working...
                                X