Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Poker still a big thing? Please tell me we've gotten that out of our system.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I still see assholes putting that goddamn thing on TV screens at certain places.

But hey, if it makes me drink more to dumb myself down enough to watch (because talking to anyone with a functioning brain has long since gone out the window if I'm in a place like that)/numb the pain, then they're doing their job.

Fucking bartenders.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watching a poker tournament versus watching a fishing competition? Which is a greater waste of time?
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I'd rather be fishing than losing money.

Watching either is the fastest way to suicide/oldmanhood.

BACK ON TOPIC: I know full well that my neuroses stand in the way of me just putting the goddamn DVD in and watching it, so I assume Rounders is great. I just can't motivate myself to see it because my taste is more than suspect as it is.

Having said that, I saw part of Jennifer's Body yesterday. I wish I hadn't. Fucking dreadful.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• As long as I don't have to watch golf.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              "Slutty Famke" was on the cusp of making it into my previous* post. I could've done with a smidgen more of her, though.
              How gay is Mike for not railing her in his apartment?

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
              I can completely see why. Grosse Pointe Blank is a bit like that for me. If I'm not sure what to watch, G.P.B. always goes down well. I don't worry about "killing" it either, since it actually gets a little better every time.
              Yep, that's it. I'd love to be able to watch Grosse Pointe Blank, but I was having the worst trip of my life (ended up in hospital, arrested 6 weeks later) the last time I had it on (7 years ago) and am frankly terrified of watching it again in case I have a panic attack.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                but I was having the worst trip of my life (ended up in hospital, arrested 6 weeks later) the last time I had it on (7 years ago)
                Sounds to me like you've got a whopper of a story to tell!
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  How gay is Mike for not railing her in his apartment?
                  I was deeply disappointed with him at the precise moment she headed for the door.

Originally posted by ben thomas
                  Yep, that's it. I'd love to be able to watch Grosse Pointe Blank....
                  Sorry to hear about that, mate. Sounds beyond terrible.

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  I'd rather be fishing than losing money.
                  One thing Rounders put beyond any question for me is that I don't belong within 5 feet of a poker table, high-stakes or otherwise. I'm a cavalcade of "signals" like fidgeting with my hair or clothes, scratching the back of my neck, and making odd faces as it is. Imagining how that would play during a game of Hold 'Em doesn't bare thinking about.

Originally posted by Russ
                  Having said that, I saw part of Jennifer's Body yesterday. I wish I hadn't.
                  Hugely disappointing, wasn't it? It didn't even come close to living up to the Heathers meets Buffy premise it was sold to me on.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• It was. Independent of how the Pilgrim movie goes, that poor bastard Johnny Simmons has been the Herald of Flops.

I want a hometown kid to be in something good, but so far the guy's been in some horrible crap, J's B being the latest.

I even tried to watch the Spirit. I gave up about an hour into the proceedings, even though Sarah Paulson gives me the horn (pink triangle on her sleeve or not).
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-20-2010, 10:33 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      I even tried to watch the Spirit. I gave up about an hour into the proceedings, even though Sarah Paulson gives me the horn.
                      That makes two of us!

I've taken considerable flack for this before, but The Spirit - for all its flaws - didn't bug me in the least. I actually enjoyed its silly mix of stylized cartoon violence and distractingly hot girls. Subterranean expectations put in place because of all the bad advance word on the flick had to have been a part of this, because I'm well aware it's not very good.

However...

Stana Katic... ummmm.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The wife tricked me into watching Michael Jackson's This is it.

I wish she tricked me into a threesome, or getting my nails polished by a hungry Siberian Tiger, because no matter how much I liked 80's MJ, this was a 2 hours of life that went by with tremendous pain.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

I wish she tricked me into a threesome
                          Depends on the participants...

FFM? Nothing but win!
                          MMF? A tad awkward... actually, quite awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                            That makes two of us!

I've taken considerable flack for this before, but The Spirit - for all its flaws - didn't bug me in the least. I actually enjoyed its silly mix of stylized cartoon violence and distractingly hot girls. Subterranean expectations put in place because of all the bad advance word on the flick had to have been a part of this, because I'm well aware it's not very good.

However...

Stana Katic... ummmm.
                            It's dreck, but I thought the noirish Dick Tracy vibe was alright.

Until the Miller-approved narration popped in to tell me how much Denny wanted to fornicate with his city.

Katic made my eyes hurt in a good way.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              The wife tricked me into watching Michael Jackson's This is it.

I wish she tricked me into a threesome, or getting my nails polished by a hungry Siberian Tiger, because no matter how much I liked 80's MJ, this was a 2 hours of life that went by with tremendous pain.

We dug it. But we're fans of MJ from back in the day. Dude was a crazy performer.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Just popped in motherfuckin' 'Death Machine'!!!!

It's corny, it's cheap... but fuck me dead, I love it so!

Comment

Working...
                                X