Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Despicable Me' in 3D. It was ok...not great, but not a waste of time either. My wife absolutely LOVED it, so there's that.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• 3D worth it?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, the 3D was worth it. It's used very, VERY well (and smartly) throughout the film. It has a WOW factor in certain spots (especially the rollercoaster sequence) and the end credits riff on the 3D in a fantastic manner.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Saw a few pics this weekend (thanks, Optimum Gold Package!)

2012: Agree with Martin - not bad, not great, but it does clobber The Day After Tomorrow. Story was OK, but I'm of the growing opinion the next film should just eschew a story and just show the disasters - the audience won't give a shit.

Jennifer's Body: Again, not bad, not great. Decent story, cast was pretty good, but Megan Fox pretty much played the same Hot Chick character she plays in every movie I've seen her in. I'd honestly like to see her do something else, maybe an independent flick or something, otherwise her career's just going to be a flash in the pan once her looks go.

Code of Silence: I'm on a Chuck Norris kick lately (caught the Octagon a week or so back "Sakura...."), and watching vintage Chuck do his bidness on the mean streets of Chicago was a trip. The corrupt cop storyline was merely stapled to the main plot, and resolved in about a minute and a half, so why was it fucking needed? Oh, and how stupidly cool was the ED-209 wannabe police robot thingy? Gatling guns for crowd control? Yes, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Saw a few pics this weekend (thanks, Optimum Gold Package!)

2012: Agree with Martin - not bad, not great, but it does clobber The Day After Tomorrow. Story was OK, but I'm of the growing opinion the next film should just eschew a story and just show the disasters - the audience won't give a shit.
            My wife remarked that Idiocracy had the movie ASS, which only had asses in it, and that Emmerich was going toward the same thing, but with disasters. Great minds think alike.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I just wish that someone with some real TALENT would write a disaster script for Emmerich to direct. He's got the eye to create some really fanstastic action/destruction sequences, but his scripting is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Comment

• Also saw 2012.

That movie was all kinds of turrible.

But I laughed my ass off. I was hoping Cusack & Co. were gonna go on a tour of the fifty states, to the landmarks, only to outrun their fiery destruction. Kinda wish that was what they were gonna do. Oh well.

And ending on the line "No Pull-Ups"...FACKIN' LOOOOOOOOOOL

(At least Steven McHattie got some cash/looked like a captain on the USS Gestapo.)
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That was Stephen McHattie? I thought it was James Remar. Heh, both are awesome.

And it still can't be as great as OUTRUNNING THE COLD.

Comment

• And 2012 didn't have Emmy "I'd-destroy-her-hips-from-my-severe-pounding-of-her-vagina" Rossum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      the USS Gestapo.
                      I'm sorry, but this made me laugh waaaaaaay harder than it should have.

Comment

• In the last few days, I watched A Bridge Too Far and The Great Escape (not for the first time, I'd like to add). I think between them, you've got pretty much every actor you could ever need.

I can't fathom how much a modern version of ABTF would cost, in terms of the scale and frequency of the battles and the monumental, all-star cast. Its a very solid war film with some excellent scenes, but something never quite clicked with me for this film. I can't pinpoint it. Certainly better than The Longest Day, though and its a worthy addition to anyone's war collection. As for that cast... Jesus.

The Great Escape, however, is a perfect film. And I always forget how serious it gets. I always think of it as just a thoroughly entertaining film, which it is, but the final 30 minutes actually has some pretty downer moments - how could I forget that Donald Pleasance buys the farm? I was actually shocked when that sniper took him down; David McCallum's cold as ice take down of the gestapo officer and subsequent shooting; and of course, the leg-stretching scene. I still get a massive kick out of "Good luck", too.

How the hell am I gonna follow these two epics? Well, I've never seen The Battle of Britain and that came in the set with them, so tonight its Christopher Plummer, Michael Caine, Robert Shaw, Laurence Olivier and Ian McShane.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                          In the last few days, I watched A Bridge Too Far and The Great Escape (not for the first time, I'd like to add). I think between them, you've got pretty much every actor you could ever need.

I can't fathom how much a modern version of ABTF would cost, in terms of the scale and frequency of the battles and the monumental, all-star cast. Its a very solid war film with some excellent scenes, but something never quite clicked with me for this film. I can't pinpoint it. Certainly better than The Longest Day, though and its a worthy addition to anyone's war collection. As for that cast... Jesus.

The Great Escape, however, is a perfect film. And I always forget how serious it gets. I always think of it as just a thoroughly entertaining film, which it is, but the final 30 minutes actually has some pretty downer moments - how could I forget that Donald Pleasance buys the farm? I was actually shocked when that sniper took him down; David McCallum's cold as ice take down of the gestapo officer and subsequent shooting; and of course, the leg-stretching scene. I still get a massive kick out of "Good luck", too.

How the hell am I gonna follow these two epics? Well, I've never seen The Battle of Britain and that came in the set with them, so tonight its Christopher Plummer, Michael Caine, Robert Shaw, Laurence Olivier and Ian McShane.
                          The Guns Of Navarone...

I could watch that movie all day.

Comment

• Seconding 'The Guns of Navarone', and I'd follow THAT with 'Where Eagles Dare'.

Comment

• I'm partial to The Bridge on the River Kwai.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• 'Patton' would always be a good choice as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X