Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Blood is in no way dated minus the fashions. THat flick kicks all kinds of ass.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Movie isn't dated, it's about a Vietnam Vet. How could you not have be of its time?

Plus, I heard about the alternate ending. That would have fucked the audience hard.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        First Blood is in no way dated minus the fashions. THat flick kicks all kinds of ass.
        The fashions will return...oh yes, they will.

CURLY MULLETS FOR ALL MY FRIENDS
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Plus, I heard about the alternate ending. That would have fucked the audience hard.
          Concept is better than execution.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            Movie isn't dated, it's about a Vietnam Vet. How could you not have be of its time?

See the last movie asap for the best effect. Seriously great ending for that character.

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            Concept is better than execution.
            I agree but I wonder if that's from lack of post production or that it's just actually that bad.

Also this is cool.

FIX THE GODDAMNED EMBED!!!
            Last edited by B_Metal; 07-18-2010, 08:14 AM.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 'First Blood' is excellent. It's very visceral and real feeling...the only element that kinda rings false (and takes me out of the film) is the ineptitude of the reserve officers that are called up to assist in the manhunt. They aren't played for real, and that was a bad production mistake. I want to see Rambo outwit competent opponents, not bumbline idiots.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• THE INVENTION OF LYING- Considering everyone involved in this movie, it's kind of a failure that this movie is just good, not great. Because I'm Simple Jack, I never stopped laughing at the basic ways they named/labeled things. "A Quite Place to Think About the Man in the Sky"

Comment

• Just Us League: New Frontier.

Like the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons were redone today (same deco fetishism on prominent display) with a heaping helping of Red Scare paranoia.

And the voice cast they selected was great.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    'First Blood' is excellent. It's very visceral and real feeling...the only element that kinda rings false (and takes me out of the film) is the ineptitude of the reserve officers that are called up to assist in the manhunt. They aren't played for real, and that was a bad production mistake. I want to see Rambo outwit competent opponents, not bumbline idiots.
                    Trust me... it don't ring false.

I would not trust most reservists to hit the floor if they fell on it. Granted, training standards have improved somewhat... but they are still called 'weekend warriors' for a reason.

Comment

• Do you remember Afghanistan....
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I certainly remember Rambo was a big fan of the Tali-me-bananas.

And using gunpowder to cauterize his wounds. Because he's insane.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          THE INVENTION OF LYING- Considering everyone involved in this movie, it's kind of a failure that this movie is just good, not great. Because I'm Simple Jack, I never stopped laughing at the basic ways they named/labeled things. "A Quite Place to Think About the Man in the Sky"
                          It should have been absolutely brilliant, but it kind of ran out of steam after half an hour or so. There's also no reason whatsoever for Gervais' character to fall in love with Garner's, other than she looks like Jennifer Garner.

That said, its not terrible. The scene with Shaun Williamson and Steve Merchant (familiar to fans of Extras) had me wetting myself and a lot of the God stuff was good ("I say, fuck the man in the sky!", "Man in the sky forbid!"). And the cameos were pretty great. It just should have been so much more than a series of people calling Gervais ugly.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I expected retarded shit, but really, it makes The Day After Tomorrow look like Lawrence of Arabia. Holy retardation! And they want to do a sequel series? WHY????

Idiocracy.

Deliciously flawed. Come in for Mike Judge, stay for PRESIDENT CAMACHO.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It has electrolytes. From the toilet.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sarah Silverman's "Jesus is Magic" a short while ago. Am now watching the end of "Man of the House", which proves I truly will watch anything that Tommy Lee Jones is in. Actually, I do have to cop to loving that moment between him and Paget Brewster: "Where's yer happy FAAAACCCEEE?!" "This is mah happy faaaaaace."
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X