Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd rather watch Sleepaway Camp.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• A lot of people forget that The Crying Game is meant to be a thriller involving the IRA. Sadly, the pan down to that cock derailed the entire movie.

And the way they did that shot was meant to be an homage to Sleepaway Camp!
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Speaking of Stephen Rea, dude was great in Citizen X.

I'd suggest The Crying Game but that movie dragged.
        Agreed on Rea in Citizen X. And I'll raise you Jeffrey DeMunn. Fuck was he creepy.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The only hang up I had with Citizen X was that we know it's been about a decade since the start of the investigation. And yet, Rea's kids never aged.

Probably budgetary issues

Comment

• Niggling detail at best.

It's nothing to detract from the incredibly solid performances and seriously fucked up narrative. Plus, you can always read it as symbolic of the nightmare finally being over for Rea's character, and knowing that his and post-commie kids like his are finally safe.

Forgot to mention Donald Sutherland. Understated, but awesome as well.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2010, 06:28 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Cruise was great in Vampire, granted I'm not a fan of Anne Rice. So I couldn't even know who would play whom.

But I had heard some good things about Daybreakers. Doc Happenin over at the other site gave a pretty good review.
              I'll go one step further and say that I absolutely loathe Anne Rice, I have no idea how that bitch got so famous or wealthy with her library of long, boring-ass books. But movie-wise, I loved Pitt, Cruise, Dunst, and the whole wacky "Interview With A Vampire" gang! Seriously, there was a little cheese there, but overall, I thought it was a great movie.

Good to hear the love about "Daybreakers" - I do want to see that. I need to balance out the Twilight films with, y'know, REAL vampire stories. Scary ones, well written ones. My needs are simple with my vampire movies - be scary.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Currently watching Punch-Drunk Love. Is it wrong that a mental defect like myself can relate to Barry so well? Well, up to a point. But any time his sisters show up has to be one of the most emasculating moments in all of film. You wish, WISH he'd tell each and everyone one of them to fuck off.

Speaking of Rice, I've read her son's stuff, Christopher Rice. His first book is complete trash and it's great for that. The second one was garbage and the last three haven't been too bad. They are breezy airport reads. Check them out at the local library...but you don't have to take my word for it.

Dunna-Dun
                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 07-05-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Also, Paul Thomas Anderson usually films around the valley refers to numerous locations around the area in his films. The home address that Barry reads off is practically right down the road from me. We would be living in the same neighborhood.

Comment

• I can see on my worst days being a close relative of Barry, and at least he fucked their sliding glass door up good and proper.

Love Hoffman's sleazebag extortionist mattress king.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      Niggling detail at best.

It's nothing to detract from the incredibly solid performances and seriously fucked up narrative. Plus, you can always read it as symbolic of the nightmare finally being over for Rea's character, and knowing that his and post-commie kids like his are finally safe.

Forgot to mention Donald Sutherland. Understated, but awesome as well.
                      Wanted to echo the 'Citizen X' love. This film would have netted Oscar consideration for Rea, Sutherland, and Max Von Sydow if it had been released theatrically. I think it's one fo the best serial killer films ever made.

Best scene in the film? When Sutherland tells Rea's character about the fact that this case is being studied by a VERY admiring FBI. It's very emotional and powerful.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Citizen X is great indeed.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• This weekend I watched:
                          Book of Eli- now I want to rewatch it. Goooood movie.
                          Father Goose- Cary Grant- great lighthearted flick.
                          9- watched it with my oldest. We both really liked it.

I am going to watch Night Watch tonight.

Comment

• Watched Outland while awaiting the tedious download manager at the Gnomon Werksherp.

Connery is the shit. Frances Sternhagen shares the "is the shit" crown.

I miss Peter Boyle almost as much as practical and in-camera optical effects.

On to one I've have yet to see (sadly): Three Days of the Condor.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Outland! YES!!
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I may get shot in the face for saying this, but I like it more than it's source material (High Noon).
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X