Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally getting around to the Incredible Hulk. Not bad. I can't stand Ang Lee's.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Duplicity.

Really enjoyable, stylish stuff with a good cast firing on all cylinders (standout being Giamatti, but what's new?).

Why didn't this get better reviews? Tony Gilroy's becoming a very reliable purveyor of smart, adult films.

ETA: Clive Owen's little exhalation when he goes to the window after passing Roberts' fidelity test slayed me. This is some of his best work, I think.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The Deceivers

Think of this movie as Donnie Brasco but set in India during the 1820s. It features Pierce Brosnan as a British soldier who goes undercover to take down a notorious gang theives and killers. It moved pretty damn well which isn't a surprised since Nicholas "Khhaaaaaaannnn" Meyer directed it.

Also, I started watching The African Queen. By god, this picture looks amazing.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Watching Midnight Meat Train right now. Not going to finish it, but definitely putting it on Netflix. Gore goodness and insane camera work.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Dreamcatcher is such a fucking mess. I love it. The cast is incredible.
            for sure.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched Zombieland (fun, light and easy). Harrelson killed. Litterally.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Re-watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs this weekend. Still fucking love the hell outta this movie. Deserves PIXAR type love.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Woot. BTTF to hit blu ray in October...

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    Watched Zombieland (fun, light and easy). Harrelson killed. Litterally.
                    I loved this movie. I went to see it with low expectations. It was one of the funniest things I saw last year.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Re-watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs this weekend. Still fucking love the hell outta this movie. Deserves PIXAR type love.
                    I have yet to watch this yet but I see its on instant.

Comment

• Keep hearing good things about 'Cloudy...', maybe I'll finally give it a shot one of these days.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If you can, I highly recommend getting it on blu from netflix. The instant quality on it is shitty.

Comment

• Just finished Takeshi Kitano's Zatoichi

Fucking awesome.

Too much CGI blood, though. Not enough practical effects... but still worth putting on your queue.

Comment

• The musical at the end... wow...

As for Cloudy, it's great. Best non-Pixar I've seen, along with Surf's Up. And it has Mr. T and Bruce Campbell.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I saw Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage Saturday night on VH1 - it played at the Tribeca Film Festival recently, and is out on DVD Tuesday. Great documentary (could've done without Sebastian Bach's interview segments - geez, is that guy an ass), tons of early footage and pics, and it was cool to get inside their heads about being a band for so long. Even Neil Peart opens up quite a bit, and he's notoriously close-mouthed.

If you're a fan of the band, you owe it to yourself to watch it.

Comment

• Saw that was on the other day but didn't get to watch it.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X