Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with a Vampire. Warts and all, I fucking love this movie. might be my favorite Vampire flick. Cruise is just brilliant. And hilarious. I loved seeing this with a crowd, as Lestat had the whole crowd in tears at several points. I wish dearly we got our Lestat movie with Cruise reprising the role.

Comment

• I never watched Firefly, but did watch Serenity on instant. Good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Never saw Serenity or Firefly. Should I?
        Myep.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

YES. I'd recommend watching Firefly first, but you don't need to. Serenity will work by itself, but Firefly is pretty fucking great. The second episode is what made me fall in love with the show. The scene with Mal and Zangief....
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Did he do a 360 aerial piledriver?

Comment

I have both on BD. Firefly is more character driven. It has a bit of action, but more exposition.

Serenity is just fucking awesome. Especially with the cast commentary. Adam Baldwin is a funny motherfucker... but Chiwetel Eijiofor makes the movie. One of the better screen villains in recent memory... IMO, of course.

Comment

• Works for me. He's pretty bad ass in that flick. So cold.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Works for me. He's pretty bad ass in that flick. So cold.
                  Cold... and polite!

Comment

• I liked Chiwetel Eijiofor in Redbelt too. Tim Allen plays a colossal asshole in that flick too.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Just watched the extended cut of The Wolfman. An improvement and the film gets more right than it gets wrong, but the last 20 minutes are still a problem.

The whole thing is gorgeous to look at, which shines a light on just how iffy some of the CG is in the asylum transformation and the Tony Hopkins scenes. I got no complaints with the makeup, just those dead Mummy Returns eyes that pop up on a few occasions and have the whiff of last minute, unfinished effects work. Otherwise, a solid genre entry. Hugo Weaving threatens to steal the whole damn thing, though. His scene in the pub is great, quietly hissing "Pint of bitter, please".

The best part? The blu ray has a link to watch the 1941 original for free on BD live. So I had a double header going til I passed out about 25 minutes in. Lon Chaney, Claude Rains, Ralph Bellamy, Bela Lugosi and the lovely, lovely, Evelyn Ankers. That film is so much fun.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Fucking sweet. I'll have to grab that.

Comment

• I'm catching up on all the films I've bought recently and haven't got around to watching (finished the first draft of the script this week, so I'm having a week off).

Today was Body of Lies. As I was watching it, I was thinking "This is really solid and interesting". Then it ended, and I'll be surprised if I ever watch it again. I love DiCaprio and Crowe like no-one's business and Ridley Scott's one of my favourite directors. But every now and then he makes a film that doesn't really have a solid audience and I guess this is one of them. It was really well made and occasionally exciting and I was not bored once. And then it just ends. It didn't really seem to say anything that any number of other - some better - films haven't already said. DiCaprio and Mark Strong were as good as always and Crowe really reminded me of JT Walsh.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• 'Mad Max'. Love the film and how it makes the most of its incredibly low budget.

'Knight and Day'. Thoroughly mediocre and skippable. It has a few moments that are fun, especially in the first act, but it becomes dull and repetitive very quickly. Cruise is solid, though.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dreamcatcher is such a fucking mess. I love it. The cast is incredible.

Comment

• The wife tricked me into watching From Paris with Love (sexual favors may or may not have been traded, a gentleman will not say.) and all I kept thinking was "man this would be a really fun flick if someone else was in it. I mean you could tell Travolta was having fun but his and the co-star's energy/chemistry or lack thereof just killed it for me. Don't get me wrong the writing isn't great either but as a brainless action flick it had potential. I just feel someone else could have made the movie work where as the main two in this just didn't.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X