Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, he's amazing in Pleasantville. I forgot about that.

I love when he walks into the barber shop and the guy offers him his seat and even as he's sitting down he's smiling graciously, saying "Oh don't be silly, I couldn't take your spot".

For someone who played so many baddie roles, its easy to forget what range he showed.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Remake of Taking of Pelham 123, fucking Travolta is batshit crazy but horrible. Decent action, but the original was like 15X better. Available on Instant, but not really worth the time.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• An Education

Uncle Ruckus totally called this. Delightful stuff. Mulligan's Jenny is strong yet vulnerable... and she makes it look easy. The sequence where David sweeps her off to Paris is beautiful.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Watched about 3/4s of the new Stepfather last night on instant. Yup, can't hold the jock of the original.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Freaked. Well that was...a movie. A definitely early 90s movie. Don't know how I avoided it until now. The FX are great, the soundtrack is killer (awesome use of Butthole Surfers), and William Sadler should be in everything ever.

Comment

• YES. SO MUCH YES.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My buddy and I would rent that every week for an entire summer when hit VHS. Sockhead is my hero.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Seeing that on the big screen was glorious. I'll never forget it.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• So Rob, did you find Society?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's not available on netflix

Comment

• Trust me. Get it!!!!!!!! And take a picture of your face after watching it!

Spoiler: Spoiler 
                        I torrented it, as it's really tough to get elsewhere...
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• DVR'd 'Near Dark' off of IFC the other day. I hadn't seen it in probably 20 years, but I started it last night. It's a bit cheesier than I remember it being, but it's fun to watch the 'Aliens' gang tear it up. I forgot how wild the Paxton factor was in this flick.

Looking forward to finishing it up soon.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Best Buy had Near Dark for like $9 on BR so I grabbed it last week. My niece wanted to watch it because the terrible BR cover is very Twilight. Bill Paxton in the bar scared the shit out of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Best Buy had Near Dark for like $9 on BR so I grabbed it last week. My niece wanted to watch it because the terrible BR cover is very Twilight. Bill Paxton in the bar scared the shit out of her.
                              Was VERY VERY tempted to pick that up at BB; $9 is pretty hard to turn down. I was really relieved to see it come up on IFC and save me the money.

I'm not at the bar scene yet, but yeah...the Paxton factor is really, really high there.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The ending almost ruins the flick for me. Almost.

Comment

Working...
                                X