Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
    No, he isn't
    After finishing it, he fucking is. If your movie is worse than an average Ben Stiller flick, Zoolander excluded (of course), your movie SUCKS.

PE was ok, at best. At best. It's kinda like Superbad.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I like Pineapple Express, but it's not near as good as Superbad or Observe and Report. In fact, remove Franco and McBride and it's a film in trouble.
      I don't see why Observe and Report gets the love it does. It was a marginally entertaining curiosity, with far too few laughs for a comedy.

Originally posted by Russ View Post
      It is. But only better. The WAY WAY WAY hyperbole isn't warranted.
      I concur.

Originally posted by Prof. Frank VonBlumpington View Post
      "Highlander"...pretty awesome, could definitely use a remake.

"Phantasm"...fun 70's horror, great idea and execution. Teetered on being kinda pedo in a few scenes. And the opening scene boob was pretty great.
      Kudos on your choices, Prof! I'd also be interested to see a Highlander remake, not as a "replacement" for the original (which will always have its place) but just to see a take on the material that's less unintentionally comedic at times. Same goes for Phantasm, actually.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Observe and Report is a strange film, I think of it as David Gordon Green's take on The King of Comedy.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• It is pitch black comedy with a swift detour into Taxi Driver county.

(Pretty sure it was Jody Hill's baby.)
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
            It is pitch black comedy with a swift detour into Taxi Driver county.

(Pretty sure it was Jody Hill's baby.)
            I knew what it was going for; I love black comedies. It just wasn't a very good one.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I wouldn't consider Observe and Report a comedy. As I said, watch King of Comedy, that's the movie Observe is going for.

Comment

• Fuck!

First people dis Pineapple Express, now Observe and Report?

Do you guys just hate Seth Rogen, or good films in general? Observe and Report is great, regardless of how funny you find it - its just a very good film. And for my money, a damn funny one too.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  Observe and Report is great, regardless of how funny you find it - its just a very good film. And for my money, a damn funny one too.
                  Yes.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Cool as Ice.

It should be taken to the Hague and used as proof of Vanilla Ice's crimes against huge manatee.

Aaaaaaand there's one more beer in the goddamn fridge.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review of Cool as Ice. Sweet Zombie Jesus, what in the hell was that?

Comment

• The early 90s in a nutshell, filtered through white amurika and Zubaz pants.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I really REALLY hate the early 90s, we're talking from 90-92. Although '92 sticks in my mind due to riots, a shitty elementary school year, and the birth of my sister and brother.

Comment

• The Vanilla Ice era was fucking BIZARRE to live through. I've never, ever seen somebody rise that fast AND fall even faster in my entire life.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              I wouldn't consider Observe and Report a comedy. As I said, watch King of Comedy, that's the movie Observe is going for.
                              I've seen The King of Comedy and I really don't think they're as close as has been suggested. Maybe, I just need to watch King again, but I saw Observe quite recently and it felt far more like a runt of the post-Apatow mainstream comedy litter than the transcendent genre classic some painted it to be. It's too preoccupied with the same concerns in terms of material and tone as those films (knob/toilet/race jokes) to be treated as anything but an ambitious but largely unfunny comedy.

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                              Do you guys just hate Seth Rogen, or good films in general?
                              I think I've registered enough Rogen and Re-Animator approval in the past to dispel both of these notions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                The Vanilla Ice era was fucking BIZARRE to live through. I've never, ever seen somebody rise that fast AND fall even faster in my entire life.
                                I saw him open for some random metal band. That was when he turned metal...

Ninja Turtle 2. Go ninja go ninja go!

As for Cool as Ice... nothing can compete with that:

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X