Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same here - the look on Brannagh's face before he commits suicide was haunting as hell. I was very impressed by Cruise in this as well - he really nailed Stauffenberg and made him somewhat heroic, despite the colonel's background (he was a loyal Nazi for most of his military career, before the plot to assassinate Hitler).
      Spoiler: Just in case... 

It was also nice to see at the end that Fromm (great performance by Tom Wilkinson) got his card punched as well.

Comment

• Currently on Netflix Instant view aka Lazy weekend tv is "Magnum Force".
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ahhhh, an excellent choice, Monsieur! The 1973 Eastwood (an excellent vintage), with sides of Soul, Urich, Matheson, and the Pièce de résistance, a performance of Holbrook that is to die for.

Might I suggest a digestif of Sudden Impact? It is busy, oui, but never precocious, and comes with a Locke chaser.

Comment

• Fuck yea, Mad Max on instant.

Comment

• Watched 'Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan' on blu-ray, followed up by 'Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock' on dvd. AWESOME...great fun to watch the two of the back-to-back again, and the BR of ST2 is pretty gorgeous.

Also watched 'Evil Dead 2' on IFC last night. Again, great fun. Tempted to dig out my copy of 'Army of Darkness' for today.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Loved Valkyrie for all of the reasons mentioned and if I ever get over my Tom Cruise is a fucking loon opinion I'll point to this film as the turning point. It's the first movie in quite a while where I didn't feel he was just being Tom Cruise.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Where The Wild Things Are.

It was more effective aesthetically to me than anything. With the exception of Max's beautiful farewell scene, I wasn't as invested as I expected to be. There was a lot to love about the vocal performances, though. Especially, Gandolfini and Ambrose's.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Slap Shot.

I love you, Paul Newman.

You too, George Roy Hill.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    Slap Shot.

I love you, Paul Newman.

You too, George Roy Hill.
                    LOVE LOVE LOVE <3 this movie so much.

"Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan - Suzanne sucks pussy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian! "
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post
                      LOVE LOVE LOVE <3 this movie so much.

"Hey Hanrahan! Hanrahan! Hanrahan - Suzanne sucks pussy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke! I know, I know! She's a lesbian, a lesbian, a lesbian! "
                      Actually did a spit take at that one. My desk has a beer smell now.

And I like it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• That movie really doesn't get enough love and it shows how ballsy Newman always was. Great fucking movie.

"WTF are you guys doing?"
                        "putting on teh foil coach"

<3

Comment

• Love Slap Shot. Ingrid has never seen it and she's a hockey freak.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• REMEDY THAT NAO!!!

Comment

• After Game 5, anyway.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fair enough. Real life hockey comes first.

Comment

Working...
                                X