Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    This in no way affected my opinion of the film overall, but one thing that sucked me out of The Search for Spock for a moment was the recycling of certain shots of the Enterprise in spacedock. I can accept that budgetary constraints mean cutting corners here and there (that kind of thing was rampant on Voyager and it never bothered me) but for your mainline franchise movies? That kinda irked me a bit.
    That's 'ST2:TWoK' that you're thinking of. Saavik piloting the Enterprise out of spacedock was a direct lift from 'ST:TMP'. Everything in 'ST3:TSfS' was brand new, INCLUDING the space dock itself.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      That's 'ST2:TWoK' that you're thinking of. Saavik piloting the Enterprise out of spacedock was a direct lift from 'ST:TMP'. Everything in 'ST3:TSfS' was brand new, INCLUDING the space dock itself.
      Correct!
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

There you go now! Thanks for the correction, Matt.

I'd convinced myself I didn't need to check that out, because, when I last re-watched Khan, I started watching Search... shortly after (but didn't bother with The Motion Picture.) I see now how wrong I was... for-shame. All the footage spinning around in my head came from II and III so I didn't think there could be any chance of some relating to the original since I remember so little of it.

This almost makes me rethink my stance on recycled footage now. There are some bits in III (little close-up shots of the Enterprise's decals and nacelles from the spacedock sequence) that look so similar to some used in II that it's odd they stuck so closely to what came right before it. You'd think the idea would've been to make them obviously different, wouldn't ya? Otherwise, what's the point of forking out for the new shots?
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is as bad as the Klingon Bird-of-Prey destruction that was copied from 'ST6:TUC' and re-used in 'ST:G'. Everyone in the theater yelled in righteous anger over that.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• That's pretty shameful in principle. To be fair, though, it is a gorgeous explosion. One that sadly Google isn't forthcoming with an image of.

Generations deserves some credit for, amongst other things, one of my favourite It's Clearly A Model, But This Is Still Awesome moments:

"The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is as bad as the Klingon Bird-of-Prey destruction that was copied from 'ST6:TUC' and re-used in 'ST:G'. Everyone in the theater yelled in righteous anger over that.
              That was originally in something else first I think........crap!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                That's pretty shameful in principle. To be fair, though, it is a gorgeous explosion. One that sadly Google isn't forthcoming with an image of.

Generations deserves some credit for, amongst other things, one of my favourite It's Clearly A Model, But This Is Still Awesome moments:

Bobby: do a youtube search on Red Letter Media's review of 'Star Trek: Generations'. He addresses the blatant ripoff and shows both scenes, side by side. It's pretty funny, actually.

Yes, the explosion IS great. Spectacular, actually. It justifiably got a great reaction in the theater for 'ST6:TUC'. Re-using it again in 'ST:G' flat out sucks and rips off the viewer.

Comment

• Why am I hearing Comic Book Guy's voice while you guys discuss this?

Comment

• oh hush.

Regardless, that Red Letter Media review of 'ST:G' is fucking hilarious.

Comment

• I think what I was thinking of was that they reused that explosion in one or more of the series'.

Comment

• I know the Bird Of Prey cloaking shot was used ad nauseum in the series... especially during the Klingon Civil War phase of TNG.

Comment

• yeah, I'm pretty sure that you're right on that. When you think of it, it's a real credit to 'ST6:TUC' that so many of the effects shots were re-used in the movies and the tv shows.

Comment

• Watched Cloudy with a Chance of MeatUwebolls this afternoon.

Laughed my ass off.

T and his inverted mohawk was awesome.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                              Watched Cloudy with a Chance of MeatUwebolls this afternoon.

Laughed my ass off.

T and his inverted mohawk was awesome.
                              Yes. That movie is fucking hilarious. We love it.

We watched Josey Wales today. We'll discuss it on the new episode of SRIR.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Currently watching Dawn of the Dead. Seriously Ed, how do you not enjoy this flick? It is so AWESOME.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X