Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Hood - Meh. Cut out all romantic pretense and let Marion and Robin stand on their own, and pacing would be much better. The attempts to make a romantic interest just halted the movie. No chemistry there. Other than that, it wasn't really bad, it just is. The movie I wanted to see started in the last five minutes.

Comment

• Finished The Piano Teacher. Like any other Haneke film, there is so much to mull over and consider, and he respects the audience enough to let them arrive at their own conclusions.

Reading up on the book, I was so glad to discover that the screen adaptation added another layer to the story.

With the inclusion of the mother/daughter dynamic of the Schobers, the film allowed a mirror for the audience to see how Erika and her mother may have evolved into the disturbed relationship they shared.

It was an implicit explanation, but I appreciate that it was there.

Huppert was fucking amazing. Shocker, I know.

Either going to blow shit up in Red Faction or plop down and get to Le Cercle Rouge. Or both.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• About to watch Jumper.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Headed to see that Wizard Of Oz shit in the cemeturry.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Welp, that plan got fucked in the ass.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              About to watch Jumper.
              I actually dug this flick. I am disappoint there will be no sequels.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, I thought JUMPER was a lot of fun. But I'm one of those weirdos who kind of likes Christensen.

I just sat through SEVEN POUNDS. Terrible. So terrible. I'm surprised to see that Rosario is still pretty hot even when she's knocking on death's door.

Comment

• 'Vanishing Point'. I watched the UK cut of it for the first time (it includes a hitchiker scene with a stunning Charlotte Rampling).

LOVE this film. I want a 1970 Dodge Challenger. NOW.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    'Vanishing Point'. I watched the UK cut of it for the first time (it includes a hitchiker scene with a stunning Charlotte Rampling).

LOVE this film. I want a 1970 Dodge Challenger. NOW.
                    Take the Challenger. I'll take the girl on the bike.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Pale Rider.

Only the 3rd time I've seen it I think. A very solid film. Not mind-blowing but quietly engaging with a couple of pretty powerful shootouts, especially when the Marshall guns Spider Conway down in the street.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                        Pale Rider.

Only the 3rd time I've seen it I think. A very solid film. Not mind-blowing but quietly engaging with a couple of pretty powerful shootouts, especially when the Marshall guns Spider Conway down in the street.
                        I LOVE 'Pale Rider'. It's a slow burn that builds and builds and culminates in a very satisfying showdown with the Marshall and his men.

'YOU!!!!'

It competed against 'Silverado' in the theaters and kinda got lost in the shuffle, unfortunately.

Sydney Penny, the young gal who played Megan, grew up into a mighty fine looking woman: (nsfw) http://www.funtasticus.com/2009/01/15/sydney-penny/
                        Last edited by Matt; 05-16-2010, 10:36 AM.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          Take the Challenger. I'll take the girl on the bike.
                          She needs to eat something. Yes, she's naked and fairly attractive, but she weighs (at the most) 85 lbs soaking wet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I actually dug this flick. I am disappoint there will be no sequels.
                            I thought I was the only one.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              She needs to eat something. Yes, she's naked and fairly attractive, but she weighs (at the most) 85 lbs soaking wet.
                              YOU NEED TO EAT SOMETHING

/selfhighfive
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                                YOU NEED TO EAT SOMETHING

/selfhighfive
                                FUCK YEAH!
                                "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

Working...
                                X