Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Alright, I'll give it a shot. I like my redonkoulsness short, that's why I never saw Bad Boys 2. Why in the fuck is that movie 2 hours and 27 minutes?
    Because it can be!
    "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• I'm watching QUANTUM OF SOLACE right now. Am I dumb or does this movie make zero sense?

Comment

• Fuck that movie. It makes no sense.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's an alright distraction when taken in such a context as an incomplete chapter in a story.

But left to stand on its own, it feels like the worst possible fucking way to handle the continuation of the overarching narrative.

Mathis' death was the perfect manifestation of the pointlessness of QoS in the grand scheme of things.

It lacked any reward for the audience in terms of payoff, instead treating the whole affair like a television show's two-part season finale.

Unfortunately, the wait for any semblance of resolution to the questions raised by this half-film is going to be longer than usual, which is what really pisses me off.

Also: started watching Michael Haneke's The Piano Teacher.

I don't think I've ever seen Isabelle Huppert play a well-adjusted person before, so why should I expect it now, especially when she excels in the idiosyncratic? Here she's a cypher whenever she's around people in her usual habitat, but becomes a sexual deviant the second she is out of her realm (as the titular character).

So far it is pretty good, though I may switch gears and finally watch Le Cercle Rouge.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-15-2010, 03:27 AM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I saw The Piano Teacher a few weeks ago. Its good, stick with it.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              I believe it is on instant
              Rob, again, Canada.

Comment

• <object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7UKllR0Edo&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7UKllR0Edo&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Damnit. Insert "Blame Canada"
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Robocop on the big screen

I LIKE IT!
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I would have loved to have seen a Darren Aronofsky re-make/re-imaging whatever.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I was talking to Randall about this last night and it'll come up in the new episode. We're probably better off without it.

Comment

• Yeah so I didn't go see Robocop because I went to Van Nuys for the night to eat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and get molested by an obese male cat who fucking fell in love with me to the point that he was howling and scratching at the guest bedroom door at 3 AM until my friend finally got up and dragged his fat ass off to her bedroom. I suck.

Watching Crank 2 now. BALTAR, I SUMMON YOU
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Ah yes Crank 2....that movie was just plain nuts.

Comment

• Had a Bale and Crowe week - watched American Psycho Wednesday night, Robin Hood Thursday and 3:10 to Yuma today.

AP is brilliant, its really edging into my favourite films list, I must have watched it 3 times in the last 12 months.

Robin Hood. Devin was right, unfortunately.

And 3:10 I enjoyed a lot more this time around. Its a solid action adventure Western, of which there are too few these days, and the supporting cast is filled with quality.

Interesting sidenote - Kevin Durand plays a sidekick in both Robin Hood and 3:10.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              Ah yes Crank 2....that movie was just plain nuts.
                              weeping with laughter over the one cop that screams "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT AROUND YOUR NECK" after the dog collar park scene
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                                Interesting sidenote - Kevin Durand plays a sidekick in both Robin Hood and 3:10.
                                They're friends. Durand was also in Mystery, Alaska with Crowe and sang on one of the albums by Crowe's band.
                                "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

Working...
                                X