Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Just watched half of the Battlestar Galatica Miniseries. It feels like they gave the show the Wrath of Khan treatment.
    What? Explain.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Take a cheesy sci-fi show and revamp it by giving a military vibe and combining it with a lot of human fraility.

Also, I wonder where I've seen Starbuck's face before. She looks like the daughter of William "The other convict with John Goodman from Raising Arizona" Forsythe.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Take a cheesy sci-fi show and revamp it by giving a military vibe and combining it with a lot of human fraility.

Also, I wonder where I've seen Starbuck's face before. She looks like the daughter of William "The other convict with John Goodman from Raising Arizona" Forsythe.
        Way too simplistic.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I just started watching the miniseries, give me time man.

Still Starbuck is alright in my book. Rob, you must have had quite the boner with her.

Comment

• I should be happy you are finally watching the series. Still, avoid lazy generalizations. *glares*

Comment

• Although I can't help but refer to the XO as John McCain. It's an uncanny resemblence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post

Caught a bit of Pontypool as well. McHattie was awesome as the disc jockey trying to make heads or tails of the "verbal virus" goin' around town. Strange, but interesting little film.
                Pontypool was great.

And Master and Commander... damn.. I love this movie so fucking much.

Fuck you Hollywood for not making sequels to this, and giving us the Twilights shit-o-ramas.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Damn, when is Pontypool going to be on dvd? It's still listed as "unknown" on Netflix.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    The Searchers. Unrelentingly bigoted. And a few things in the movie are cringe worthy (mostly during shootouts) but still great.

Such a weird read on the movie. A whole forest for the trees kind of deal.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Damn, when is Pontypool going to be on dvd? It's still listed as "unknown" on Netflix.
                      I think it's on IFC.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Oh, you need cable then.

Never mind

Comment

• RE: Tombstone/Cosmatos. First, George P. gave us Cobra. Middling talent? HA! Secondly, apparently Kurt Russell took over the show, and was handling most direction in everything but credit on set.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            apparently Kurt Russell took over the show, and was handling most direction in everything but credit on set.
                            That's what I heard. There is an interview online with Kurt Russell talking about the original script and stuff. Good stuff.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

.Also, I wonder where I've seen Starbuck's face before. She looks like the daughter of William "The other convict with John Goodman from Raising Arizona" Forsythe.
                              This fucking post.
                              "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• Like it, Mike?

Comment

Working...
                                X