Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
    With my assistance, much to my regret. ALTHOUGH, what was discussed wasn't a plot twist just something that was part of the story.
    Which makes the DeNiro in Stardust non-revelation all the more a feigned bunch of outrage, you Muppet Babies.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
      Which makes the DeNiro in Stardust non-revelation all the more a feigned bunch of outrage, you Muppet Babies.
      THAT WAS A MAJOR SPOILER THOUGH!! CENTRAL TO THE STORY AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• SUCK IT TREBEK
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Speaking of which....anyone else watching the Tournament of Champions? I thought these questions were supposed to be harder.....
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Fuck that Ken Jennings guy, Frank Spankenberger aka NYC Transit Cop kicked more ass than that Utah tool ever did!
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Fuck you, Ken Jennings is a creepy ax-murderer/genius.

Run in terror from his Mormon Stareâ„¢!
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fuck it, let's declare war on Utah.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• There's nothing to live for there anyway.

Their liquor is homeopathic.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Currently watching Master & Commander on AMC. I forget how much I love this movie.

Comment

• 'The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly'. Watched it again for probably the 12th time.

Three men...fate casts one man on the search for lost gold; fate casts the other two men into the role of unlikely partners: one discovers the name of the cemetary where the gold is buried, the other learns the name on the grave. Their paths all cross against the backdrop of the American Civil War.

Clint Eastwood perfected his role as 'The Man with No Name' with this film, the third in the trilogy chronologically (although it's actually first, storywise). The epitome of cool, no matter what the challenge. Self assure and capable, he's 'The Good'.

Lee Van Cleef is Setenza/Angel Eyes. The man in black, he's every bit as self assured as Clint. Thoroughly dangerous and bad-ass, he's 'The Bad'.

Eli Wallach has the toughest role. He's the annoying runt that everyone underestimates. He's the survivor who always comes back for revenge, 'The Ugly'.

Watching the story unfold is a joy. There's no rush, but there's plenty of tension. Everything happens for a reason, and the process unfolds methodically in a really COOL way. From the opening introductions to the final 3-way shootout, this is an absolute privilege to watch.

I will grant you that OUaTitW is a deeper movie thematically, but TGtBatU is the one that really WOWS me.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Searchers. Unrelentingly bigoted. And a few things in the movie are cringe worthy (mostly during shootouts) but still great.

Comment

• Rob Roy.

Tim Roth, scheming fop that he was in this, should be a villain every single time out of the gate. He's so fucking good at it.

He and Gary Oldman should do a Badguy-Off sometime soon.

Caught a bit of Pontypool as well. McHattie was awesome as the disc jockey trying to make heads or tails of the "verbal virus" goin' around town. Strange, but interesting little film.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-13-2010, 11:20 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            Currently watching Master & Commander on AMC. I forget how much I love this movie.
                            Pretty much one of my favourite films certainly of the last decade. Crowe's finest, Bettany's finest, Weir's finest, a perfect film with an incredible sound design.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                              Pretty much one of my favourite films certainly of the last decade. Crowe's finest, Bettany's finest, Weir's finest, a perfect film with an incredible sound design.
                              If there were any justice at all, we'd be on our 3rd or 4th film of this franchise by now. LOVE this film and everything about it.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Broke down and watched "Wyatt Earp" on Instant last night...

Not as bad as I remembered it to be. The supporting cast (with few exceptions) is excellent. The soundtrack is surprisingly good as well.

As I've said before... were it not for Costner, this film would be up there with the great Westerns of the late 20th Century.

Comment

Working...
                                X