Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Well, I've said it before. I'd rather spend the money on my body then on some new electronic toy. I.E. glasses and pilates over HD TV.
    Ed's gonna get calf implants.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I love my blu-ray player. I've only double-dipped on ONE DVD so far ('The Thing').
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I've doubled dipped a shit load, but only discs that were 10 bucks or under at BB. Otherwise, the movies I'll spend over 10 on are movies THAT I LOVE.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Fixed. Comparing blu ray to laserdisc is FUCKTARDED Ed. Blu ray is way more popular than laserdisc EVER was.
          That's true, but when you're looking at the difference from dvd to blu-ray compared to VHS from DVD. The difference isn't as noticiable. Although I like digital projection in the theaters, that's great.

Basically, what I am saying is I don't give a fuck about something looking picture perfect so much as I can watch it with ease.

Streaming FTW
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Likewise, I've double dipped on a few but only on ones that I needed DotD (both), Shaun, Hot Fuzz, Full Metal Jacket...but like Rob said most of these were relatively cheap.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

That's true, but when you're looking at the difference from dvd to blu-ray compared to VHS from DVD. The difference isn't as noticiable. Although I like digital projection in the theaters, that's great.

Basically, what I am saying is I don't give a fuck about something looking picture perfect so much as I can watch it with ease.

Streaming FTW

Trust me. If you had a TV that was HD, you'd change your tune man.

Comment

That's true, but when you're looking at the difference from dvd to blu-ray compared to VHS from DVD. The difference isn't as clear.

Streaming FTW
                YOU FAIL SO HARD...dude please stop talking about shit you have no idea about.

Comment

• It's also because I'm not home very much and I'm trying to stop this paycheck to paycheck bullshit.

Basically the POS tv I have will be there until it breaks. Until then, such is lfe.

Comment

• That's one thing, but to make up some bullshit excuse is bogus...I'm not home much either but when I'm here and when I'm enjoying myself (watching tv/movies) I want to enjoy them the best way possible...FFS

*FACEPALM*

Comment

• I want to enjoy a movie or show too, but I'm not going to get nuts as to whether or not the picture is 780 vs 1080. I just want it to be widescreen if it was shot that way, a good transfer and captioning. That's it.

Christ, it's like dealing with my father when it comes this technical stuff.

Man bought a subwoofer, which is a 90 pound black cube. Did any of us care? Not really.
                      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 05-13-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• I give up...

Comment

I want to enjoy a movie or show too, but I'm not going to get nuts as to whether or not the picture is 780 vs 1080. I just want it to be widescreen if it was shot that way, a good transfer and captioning. That's it.

Christ, it's like dealing with my father when it comes this technical stuff.

Man bought a subwoofer, which is a 90 pound black cube. Did any of us care? Not really.

hahaha.

Comment

• My dad is a technical nerd, he used to do stagecrew work in college. He once operated a recording studio before going to law school. When flat screened tvs started arriving around the late 90s-early 00s, he was one of the first to get them.

He was completely wrong about dvd at the time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Trust me. If you had a TV that was HD, you'd change your tune man.
                              Verified. My wife wasn't convinced until I had the new TV set up in front of her. She gets it now.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yep. And the moment you put in your favorite movie (that has been re-mastered) and you notice new things it totally sells itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X