Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    If only Wolverine was given this option.
    Hell, if only I had that option while watching that piece of shit.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      I don't know. It just seems kinda blah. Star 80 is 12 kinds of fucked up. You know they filmed in the actual apartment dontcha?
      Holy shit, I didn't know that. Adds an extra layer of fucked-up to an already too fucked-up movie. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

Didn't care for the film all that much, but Lily Cole was a fucking revelation..

..in my pants.

I want to fuck Lily Cole in the ass until it makes her face look less pedobear approved.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          Holy shit, I didn't know that. Adds an extra layer of fucked-up to an already too fucked-up movie. Wow.
          During the movie I kept trying to figure out who the odd looking director was supposed to be. Until I found out that guy was supposed to be Peter Bogdonovitch. Bogdonavitch later married Dorothy's sister who's the 12 year old in the movie.

Also watched Moon again, that soundtrack always gets me.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• As part of my recent need to revisit all things Coen (and because me and my Coen-loving buddy had the day off and he'd never seen it), I watched The Man Who Wasn't There today.

Its very good, but its still middle-quality Coens. The cinematography is, of course, beautiful and the cast exceptional. But damn, is it slow.

The two main things I took away from this viewing:

1) James Gandolfini needs to be in more films. He runs the gamut in this film, from funny to macho to sad to sympathetic to desperate to menacing to terrifying. And he probably only has 7-8 minutes of screen time. He's no one-trick pony and should have more opportunities to show that.

2) I could watch a whole film populated with Coen bros secondary characters. The cops in this are great, slightly reminiscent of the cops in Barton Fink, only working in a much less exciting town. Obviously, Tony Shalhoub is dynamite; Michael Badalucco is hilarious; Richard Jenkins as solid as ever. They really know how to get the most out of character actors and how to give those bit players juicy roles with few lines.

Anyway, a very, very solid film. Really made me wanna watch Miller's Crossing again though, so that's next I reckon. Their best, in my book.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Tried watching the Man who wasn't there, tried. Couldn't get through it.

Plus, as you said, the slowness of it. Coen's are great with quirk but with some of their lesser films. It feels as if they're doing quirk for the sake of quirk.

But Gandolifni is tops in In the Loop.

Comment

• I liked TMWWT (PRINCESS KATE ALERT AAAGHH), though it's been a long time since I've seen it. Cigarette smoke never looked so pretty in a movie.

And I have to agree with Ben on Miller's Crossing being their best - I love The Big Lebowski like I love my dick, but Miller's Crossing is just an all-around great film.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• The smoke looked amazing in that film, but I have yet to watch Miller's Crossing. Hell, I can't believe it took me so long to watch Fargo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    The smoke looked amazing in that film, but I have yet to watch Miller's Crossing.
                    Man you gotta fix this.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

The smoke looked amazing in that film, but I have yet to watch Miller's Crossing. Hell, I can't believe it took me so long to watch Fargo.
                      Delete this before Rob sees it and ends you. Or maybe I will. Jeez man. You got some serious homework to do.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• This is how I now view Ed.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Just watched a docu called Second Skin last night. It made me feel silly for playing WoW. To a person, they were all just fucked up on some level.
                          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Tried watching the Man who wasn't there, tried. Couldn't get through it.

Plus, as you said, the slowness of it. Coen's are great with quirk but with some of their lesser films. It feels as if they're doing quirk for the sake of quirk.

But Gandolifni is tops in In the Loop.

Why the fuck do I defend you at times? You saw something semi-intelligent and then you doody on my dreams here.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Fucking love that doc.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post
                                Why the fuck do I defend you at times? You saw something semi-intelligent and then you doody on my dreams here.
                                Why would I need defending? Plus, your dreams consist of Billy Bob Thornton sweeping hair?

Comment

Working...
                                X