Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True, but I have never finished a Grisham novel.

I did read Brown's Deception Point back in high school.

I was even irritated by him then.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Fuck Grisham. Grisham is shit pulp.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Man About Dog.

Perfect I don't know what to watch, but I know I want to watch something movie. It's a geg throughout and brilliantly captures the mischievousness of Belfast boys on the prowl.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Predator.

Still aces. McTiernan really knew his way round an action scene. He deserves a comeback. Even The Thomas Crown Affair showed he still had those geographical chops (we won't mention anything since then).

I still find the last - literally - 2 minutes a bit weak. Never mind that though. This is a film with a killer premise, setup and executed beautifully that takes an odd turn in its final act into almost dialogue-free territory. For that reason alone, its up there in the top three Arnie movies ever made - the other two being T2 and Total Recall (probably his best film).

Thoughts?
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It's a goddamn perfect movie with fantastic pacing.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• ...it's been a while and I don't feel like catching up on the thread...

Here's some shit I've seen lately:
              - A Serious Man: APPROVED...this movie is awesome on so many fucking levels. Can't wait to watch it again.
              - Bronson: Pretty decent, I expected so much more and was kinda let down. Very artistic film, but you can only show a naked dude fighting so many times before you want to see something other than his skinny ass dick flopping around. Needed more violence IMO.
              - Goodfellas; never gets old to me
              - 2001 A Space Odessey; I'm sure I'll get hate, but this movie is really meh. I liked Moon more. I know it's touted as one of the greatest Sci Fi flicks of all time, but maybe I missed the point.
              - Wrong Turn 3; so bad. Honestly horrible, not even fun bad.
              - I Shot Andy Warhol; fucking ape shit ridiculous. Gotta get my hands on the SCUM Manifesto
              - Food Inc.; I'm tired of watching documentaries and being so easily swayed. FUCK, now I'm trying to eat as organic as possible.
              - CB4; Not as funny as I remember it. Saw it as a kid, thought it was the best shit ever (wanted to be like Phil Hartman's kid)...Still APPROVED for Chris Elliot's sake.

...that's all for now...
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Wrong Turn 2 however is MAGNIFICENT.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fear of a Black Hat > CB4

Best believe son...
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wrath of Khan.

Honestly, I don't remember watching it before. I know I have seen it at some point in my youth because my grandma was a hardcore Stark Trek fan, so this was the first time I have seen it in at least 20 something years. It's really damn great, but the lack of a true one on one face-off between Kirk and Khan kind of hurts it. Ricardo's bangs are awesome. Spock's death is the one scene I do remember, and it's really done well.

EDIT: Fear of a Black Hat is one of the greatest music films ever. It should be mentioned right after Spinal Tap in great musical comedies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                      Wrong Turn 2 however is MAGNIFICENT.
                      Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                      Fear of a Black Hat > CB4

Best believe son...
                      Yeah WT2 is great, reality show + Henry R. + decent cast = Greatness

and yeah, I have Black Hat in my queue...may need to bump it, but my fucking kids need their Astro Boy. FFS.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• WT2 is a blast in spite of some really fucking abysmal acting.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• The butt is like society...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                            WT2 is a blast in spite of some really fucking abysmal acting.
                            I was sold from that opening kill.

Comment

• Severance. Come for the promise of blood and tits, stay for the incredible direction and sense of humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                                Predator.

Still aces. McTiernan really knew his way round an action scene. He deserves a comeback. Even The Thomas Crown Affair showed he still had those geographical chops (we won't mention anything since then).

I still find the last - literally - 2 minutes a bit weak. Never mind that though. This is a film with a killer premise, setup and executed beautifully that takes an odd turn in its final act into almost dialogue-free territory. For that reason alone, its up there in the top three Arnie movies ever made - the other two being T2 and Total Recall (probably his best film).

Thoughts?
                                It's the pacing that makes this film. Seriously, it's perfect. Nothing is rushed at all...it just slowly build and builds, and actual TENSION is created amongst the soldiers.

Also: events don't just HAPPEN...they HAPPEN TO CHARACTERS that we've grown to like. Nobody is treated like cannon fodder; we actually feel each and every death.

The soundtrack is awesome as well. Yes, the score is great, but listen to the actual ambient sounds in the film. The forest becomes a living, breathing character in and of itself. And the sound effects? Awesome and chilling at the same time...love the Predator sounds.

LOVE this movie. Saw it twice in the theaters on its original release.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X