Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had Tivo, as I caught glimpses of something ridiculous starring David Carradine, Stockard Channing, and Christopher Lee in a Darth helmet rally racing in South Africa.

FUCK.

Track that down instead. It seemed entertaining, at least.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For what its worth, I hate Jack White too.

Last thing I watched was You Don't Mess With The Zohan. You can call me a fucking heathen, but I'd much rather watch that again than Funny People.

Funny People is clearly the "better" film. But shit, Zohan made me LAUGH.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Funny People kinda sucked. Except Bana. And I agree with laughing more at Zohan than FP.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Use the first 80 minutes, the Bana scenes, and the resolution and Funny People is a great movie. I laughed my ass off until the Northern California excursion.

Comment

• It's the classic case of a movie going in two different directions. Do you want a scathing look at to how comedians work in LA? Or do you want a somewhat sentimental family dramedy?
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• THE FIRST ONE. FUCK THE SECOND ONE.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Exactly, we've seen the second type before time and time again. Apatow of all people would be perfect to show what life is like trying to be a comedian. There's never really been a movie like it, cept that one with Tom Hanks trying to do stand up.

Comment

• It's sad to think that Sandler gave up the chance to be the BEAR JEW in order to make 'Funny People'. I wonder if he's regretting that choice.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm glad he did. Roth was perfect.

Comment

• Watched Star Trek IV on instant last night. Real breezy fun and really great pacing. That movie moves real fast.

I have to give Star Trek credit, they never gave a fuck about the so-called "Rules of time travel".
                      Last edited by Ed Hocken; 04-28-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        The guitar-centric doc It Might Get Loud.

Must be heard in surround. When I got to the sequence where Jimmy Page plays the opening lick to "Whole Lotta Love" and saw Jack and the Edge light up like the Griswold homestead, I was grinning like an idiot right along with them.

The intercutting of the three jamming with snippets of their personal styles and influences was so much fun to see it all weave in and out of the varying contexts. I wish it were longer than 97 minutes.

Loved it. I kinda wish there were more sessions or installments of it.

That. All of that!
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                          I'm glad he did. Roth was perfect.
                          He was GOOD, but he wasn't GREAT. Sandler would have been GREAT.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• What makes you think that? Having both him and Myers in it wouldn't have worked in my opinion.

Comment

• I don't see how Sandler would be great as the Bear. Roth nailed it so hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                                What makes you think that? Having both him and Myers in it wouldn't have worked in my opinion.
                                Irrelevant. Myers had a cameo that he pulled off with great aplomb. The BEAR JEW never shares a scene with Myers, so there wouldn't have been a OMG SNL REUNION thing going on.

I've seen Sandler handle dramatic fare. He can be very, very good when given good material to work with, and I really think that he would have excelled in the role. Roth is NOT an actor...I thought that he turned in the worst performance of the film. The only reason that he worked AT ALL (at least for me) was because he was used so sparingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X