Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Good Men is a 5 star movie, almost undone by a really bad ending.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Just started watching the Monty Python Documentary on instant. Can't wait to continue watching this.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
        "DID YOU ORDER ROMY AND MICHELLE'S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION?!"
        "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DIDN'T!" Sorry - I cancelled Netflix while my class is going on - I just don't have time to watch everything they're sending me. I'll try to get on it when I'm done, I swear!

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
        A Few Good Men is a 5 star movie, almost undone by a really bad ending.
        Hmmm... that's an interesting thought. The ending IS a little contrived, but there are a couple little moments that save it from itself. I think I know what you mean - Nicholson's acting - while being the most memorable thing to most people - is tremendously over the top. He's such a cliche, you know what's going to happen, you know how it's going to end. He's pretty much the least interesting character in the movie.

But I do love a few of those lines at the end. I like the little glimpses of friendship between Tom Cruise and Kevin Bacon, if that doesn't sound odd. I think, honestly, one of my favorite moments that shows you that these two guys genuienly like and respect each other, is at the very end, when they're getting ready to haul Jack Nicholson away. You can hear a pin drop in the courtroom, and then Tom Cruise turns to Kevin Bacon and just simply says, "Jack?" Not "Capt. Ross?", or even just "Captain?" This is his friend, he knows that he can rely on this guy to back him up in the long run. If that's even what it means. I don't know, I just really love that little moment when in this formal military courtmartial, he reverts back to his friend's first name for a second.

I actually think one of the better performances in the movie was Kevin Pollack. Loved him - LOVED him! His speech to Demi Moore about how all they did was beat up and kill a weaker kid because he couldn't run very fast was wonderful. Plus, that left the perfect opening for a "call back" with Dawson's response when Downey says, "What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong!" "Yeah we did - we were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willie." Jesus, LOVE that - I get teary-eyed every time.

And I know Tom Cruise is a huge ham most of the time, but regardless of his bizarre personal life, I really do like the guy on screen. I can't think of anything I've seen him in that I haven't enjoyed, and this is probably one of my favorites. "I'm wondering why he wasn't packed..." (cut to Nicholson - "GULP!") "...tell you what, we'll get back to that later." Awesome.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Love the movie, but the ending is bullshit. There's really no credible reason why Jack's character would admit to that Code Red on the stand. He's way too smart for that, ego be damned.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Some shit called "Easy" last night. She said it seemed good from the thirty minutes or so of it that she had watched earlier, but it ended up being pretty fucking bad, even though there were lots of tits and terrible banging scenes in it, which were fun to goof on. By the end I just kinda hated it, and she ended up apologizing for selecting it. Win-win!
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Love the movie, but the ending is bullshit. There's really no credible reason why Jack's character would admit to that Code Red on the stand. He's way too smart for that, ego be damned.
              Sure, I know, that makes sense. But as Kaffee says when they're planning to put him on the stand, he wants to say it, he wants it understood that his orders are always followed. I'm not saying it's totally realistic - it's actually not, which is what makes the ending easy to spot from a mile away. I'm just saying, it's been known to happen in rare instances. I have seen incredibly egotastic people with bad tempers in the middle of a rage just blurt something out that they otherwise might have held onto (someone in my family, actually). Combine a horrible temper on someone who thinks they can do no wrong, and sometimes you get blab-outs like that.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                I actually think one of the better performances in the movie was Kevin Pollack. Loved him - LOVED him! His speech to Demi Moore about how all they did was beat up and kill a weaker kid because he couldn't run very fast was wonderful.
                Totally agree. I even like Moore in it. The main cast - Cruise, Pollak, Moore, Nicholson, Chris Guest, JT Walsh, Bacon - are all on excellent form.

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                Downey says, "What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong!" "Yeah we did - we were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willie." Jesus, LOVE that - I get teary-eyed every time.
                I actually think these are the lines that kill the ending for me. Its not that they're bad, they're just poorly delivered. You've just witnessed some of the greatest acting fireworks of the 90s - as ridiculous as Nicholson's confession may be, he delivers it beautifully - and frankly, these two kids can't follow up on that. I don't like the lines - they're too on the nose - but in the hands of better actors, the film would be close to flawless for me.

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                And I know Tom Cruise is a huge ham most of the time, but regardless of his bizarre personal life, I really do like the guy on screen. I can't think of anything I've seen him in that I haven't enjoyed, and this is probably one of my favorites. "I'm wondering why he wasn't packed..." (cut to Nicholson - "GULP!") "...tell you what, we'll get back to that later." Awesome.
                Again, 100% agreed. From this film on for about a decade, Cruise barely put a foot wrong. I think he's a hell of an actor when he's got the right material and I look forward to him putting this movie star thing to bed to focus on real performances again. I like when he's Ethan Hunt as much as the next guy, but I LOVE when he's Frank T J Mackey.

ETA: I really wanna give you some rep, Lisa, but I can't! So I'll just say it - I love your taste in films. If you're ever in England, you and me are gonna curl up on my sofa and watch films for 3 days straight.
                Last edited by Ben Thomas; 04-20-2010, 12:06 PM.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

"
                  I actually think one of the better performances in the movie was Kevin Pollack. Loved him - LOVED him! His speech to Demi Moore about how all they did was beat up and kill a weaker kid because he couldn't run very fast was wonderful. Plus, that left the perfect opening for a "call back" with Dawson's response when Downey says, "What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong!" "Yeah we did - we were supposed to fight for people who couldn't fight for themselves. We were supposed to fight for Willie." Jesus, LOVE that - I get teary-eyed every time.

I thought the same thing about Kevin Pollack in this. Loved his speech. He is in one of my favorite movies "The Usual Suspects"

And I do enjoy watching Tom on screen-all of those cross-examinations are terrific. I am with you: very few things he is in that I dont enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                    I am with you: very few things he is in that I dont enjoy.
                    Katie Holmes.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                      Katie Holmes.
                      That was awesome! The lady in the office next to mine- came to see if I was ok!

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                        ETA: I really wanna give you some rep, Lisa, but I can't! So I'll just say it - I love your taste in films. If you're ever in England, you and me are gonna curl up on my sofa and watch films for 3 days straight.
                        Popcorn, popped on the stove with olive oil, and a little sea salt. Then you've got a deal!

Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                        I thought the same thing about Kevin Pollack in this. Loved his speech. He is in one of my favorite movies "The Usual Suspects" .
                        YES! Pollack is probably one of my favorite things about "The Usual Suspects."

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                        Katie Holmes.
                        BWHAHAHAAAA!!!

Comment

YES! Pollack is probably one of my favorite things about "The Usual Suspects."
                          Kevin Pollack is always good in every movie that I've seen him in.

Ever seen him do an imitation of William Shatner? Seriously, I could watch him do Shatner for hours...it's one of the best and funniest things that I've ever seen.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Kevin Pollack is always good in every movie that I've seen him in.

Ever seen him do an imitation of William Shatner? Seriously, I could watch him do Shatner for hours...it's one of the best and funniest things that I've ever seen.
                            I'd love to see that! He did a short film on SNL around the early '90s where he played Albert Brooks as Batman (it was shortly after the first Michael Keaton version, so they did that whole look). It was hysterical! Pollack can do no wrong in my book.

In fact, probably one of my favorite movie lines ever is, "I strenuously object? Is that how it works? 'I object!' 'Overruled' 'But I strenuously object!' 'OH, well if you strenuously object, maybe I should take some time to reconsider!'"

And this...

"I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking."
                            "Really? I live in Queens. Did you put that together yourself, Einstein? What, do you got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?"
                            Last edited by Lisa; 04-21-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Once! It's still way good and the "Falling Slowly" scene just works.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• There HAS to be some Pollack-doing-Shatner videos on youtube, Lisa. I'll see if I can find some after work tonight (youtube's blocked while onsite).

Seriously, it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X