Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    The movie was definitely better than the book.
    Don't remember. Been years since I read it. Just found my Clancy stash in a box. May dive back in. Cardinal of The Kremlin was a fav back in the day.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      Don't remember. Been years since I read it. Just found my Clancy stash in a box. May dive back in. Cardinal of The Kremlin was a fav back in the day.
      Hell YES on 'Cardinal of the Kremlin'. I'd argue that THAT was his best Jack Ryan book (either it or 'Hunt for Red October'). CotK would have been a fantastic movie, in my opinion.

My fav Clancy is still 'Red Storm Rising', though. I would have loved to see a good miniseries of this book back in the 80s.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• RSR would have been a very cool miniseries. Its a tough read as I recall though.

Comment

• Tough read? It wasn't for me, and I've read it front/back at least 3 times.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Haha Nate can't read good.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

To summarize, I spent yesterday afternoon watching:
              'Yojimbo'
              'Rashoman'
              'The Third Man'.

All in all, it was a really good day.
              No shit. Nice to see that you got the wife unit into them, too!
              Originally posted by Scary German Guy View Post
              Hmms. I find that movie fucking gut busting. Norm and Artie = PERFECT
              Yeah, I love that movie to little bits.

"No, I can't, I have to go...lift weights...what?"

I use that a lot.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Tough read? It wasn't for me, and I've read it front/back at least 3 times.
                I read it when I was like 10 or 12. Surprised I finished it actually.

Comment

• Also, Under Great White Northern Lights was the shit.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• The Proposition. Cool little Aussie western, with a brilliant cast. Not a ton of action, but plenty of bloodshed. The opening credits cut to the opening scene is manic. Huge change in tone there that will get you really into the movie. The one thing that bothered me is how Ray Winstone never gives us much reason to understand why he desperately needs Danny Huston caught or killed. OK, he's a bastard, but what makes him such a bastard? Then "the attack" happens, and you don't really need any more explanation. That final scene is enough.

Also, the soundtrack/score appears to be brilliant. Some awesome work on it by Nick Cave. Going to see about grabbing a copy of it.

Comment

• loved 'The Proposition'. Indeed, I'm in the mood to see it again.

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't seen The Proposition since it first hit DVD. Time for a rewatch, methinks. I love me some Guy Pearce and I remember Huston being creepily effective.

I watched Half-Blood Prince again yesterday. Its Rickman's film, through and through. Gorgeous photography from Bruno Delbonnel and some good writing, slightly marred by the often spotty acting of the leads. Seriously, Emma Watson is absolutely indefensible at this point. Aside from that, though, its the most mature, if not quite the best, of the series so far.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I've yet to see HPatHBP. Thanks for the reminder to see that one. I'm still waiting for someone to top HPatPoA, though...that was the only one to really WOW and entertain me thoroughly.

Comment

• Because I was shaking on the floor with fever, I decided to watch the 1987 version of Dragnet. The movie Starsky & Hutch wanted to be.

Dragnet, perfect for Sunday afternoon viewing or when you're really REALLY sick.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• You mean "The Virgin" Connie Swail.

Comment

• Ed, you ARE the virgin Connie Swales.

Comment

Working...
                                X