Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    so...you've never seen 'Yojimbo', 'Rashoman', or 'The Third Man'? Is that what you're trying to say?
    Probably.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Watched Beer Wars over the weekend. Really good documentary, and I was sad to discover Stella was now a Bud product. Made me cry a little inside. The whole of the documentary was really sad though. And sad not as a beer drinker, but as a person and consumer. People just take what is forced down their throat and say I love XYZ because I found this advertising to be cute! But they don't really enjoy it, they're just too lazy/stupid/vapid to explore things outside the vast corporate culture. Oh well, let them enjoy eating dinner at Chili's and drinking swill.

THAT. IT's one great doc but most people I know fall into that same bullshit. I'm so glad I've discovered some awesome microbrews and what not.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Casey?

Also, I can't believe that I haven't received ONE DAMNED COMMENT on the pure awesomeness of yesterday's movie viewing. Philistines.
        It's quite an excellent day of movie going. I don't know that I could watch all of those in one basically comes to one sitting. I have a bad feeling that watching them with my girlfriend would just create a million question marathon or a complete "meh" reaction. Then I would have to go Mifune on her ass.

Comment

• Rob:

'Fistful of Dollars' and 'Last Man Standing' are both remakes of 'Yojimbo'. If you like either of those first two films, you'll dig the original samurai version.

'The Third Man' is a classic film noir. If you're into that genre at all, you'll dig it.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Watched Beer Wars over the weekend. Really good documentary, and I was sad to discover Stella was now a Bud product. Made me cry a little inside. The whole of the documentary was really sad though. And sad not as a beer drinker, but as a person and consumer. People just take what is forced down their throat and say I love XYZ because I found this advertising to be cute! But they don't really enjoy it, they're just too lazy/stupid/vapid to explore things outside the vast corporate culture. Oh well, let them enjoy eating dinner at Chili's and drinking swill.
            What was funny was that people were wondering what was going to happen to Bud as the Europeans were taking it over. I found it baffeling that people were concerned over Budweiser. Much in the same way dumbasses with too much time on their hands were concerned there were no domestic beers during the "Beer Summit".
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Then I would have to go Mifune on her ass.
              My wife loves westerns (she loves the Spaghetti westerns of Eastwood, and considers 'Two Mules for Sister Sara' to be one of her top 10 films EVER), so making the leap to these samurai films wasn't that hard for her. They ARE, essentially, WESTERNS.

I can't wait to show her 'The Seven Samurai' one of these days.

And YEAH, Mifune is the MAN.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Rob:

'Fistful of Dollars' and 'Last Man Standing' are both remakes of 'Yojimbo'. If you like either of those first two films, you'll dig the original samurai version.

'The Third Man' is a classic film noir. If you're into that genre at all, you'll dig it.

Good to know. I'll check em out.

Comment

• I felt bad for the people that lived near the Rolling Rock brewery. Bud bought the brand alone for the "nostalgia" market and shut down what looked like a really cool local brewery. I'm really thankful for having a local Houston brewery.

Comment

• I live near the giant Van Nuys plant. You can smell the brew as your driving by.

Comment

• You know, a triple feature of 'Yojimbo', 'Fistful of Dollars', and 'Last Man Standing' would either be totally awesome or totally...redundant.

Comment

You know, a triple feature of 'Yojimbo', 'Fistful of Dollars', and 'Last Man Standing' would either be totally awesome or totally...redundant.
                        Much in the same way, a triple feature of The Seven Samural, The Magnificant Seven, and A Bug's Life would be.

Comment

• Patriot Games. Better than I remembered.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Nothing like seeing Ted Raimi appear out of nowehere. About some of the most random casting this side of Chris Elliot as a crime scene tech in Manhunter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Patriot Games. Better than I remembered.
                              The movie was definitely better than the book.

Comment

• Re-watched Hype! this weekend on instant. I fucking love that documentary mostly because of the music (I sold most of those cd's years ago )

Comment

Working...
                                X