Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, good ole High Fidelity. The best movie to watch after a breakup/fuckup/etc.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary German Guy View Post
      Ah, good ole High Fidelity. The best movie to watch after a breakup/fuckup/etc.

If you like High Fidelity, try on AN EDUCATION.

It's the girlie High Fidelity with a dash of Jane Eyre. Plus, it's such a criminally underrated movie.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post

It's the girlie High Fidelity with a dash of Jane Eyre. Plus, it's such a criminally underrated movie.
        Thanks for the tip, man! If it's on the PlayStation Store/iTunes to rent, I'm gonna check it out.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post

A little more interested to see An Education now. I love High Fidelity, it came out at the perfect time in my life.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Watched DC of Hellboy...

I love that fucking movie!

Comment

• On the third Red Riding film.

Rough, bleak bunch of crime dramas so far. I'm not expecting anything uplifting to last for more than a few frames.

If I'm lucky.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Took the wife unit to see 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 3D last night. Seriously, this film is pretty damned awesome. The commercials/trailers for it didn't sell me on it, but the good word of mouth did...glad we went. It's definitely worth seeing.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Shutter Island.

Incredible. It started to lose me a bit when he got to the lighthouse, as I thought they were going to ruin it all, but that ending won me back over. The first hour or so is incredibly confident, bravura filmmaking. The dream/halluciantion sequences are Lynch-level goodness. DiCaprio is electric throughout. More films would be improved massively by the presence of Mark Ruffalo.

Saw it yesterday and its nestled in my brain and isn't going to let go any time soon.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Red Riding Trilogy. An anglo Zodiac in spirit, where historical fiction blurs many narrative lines, and an infamous hunt for a serial killer takes a back seat to the much more terrifying West Yorkshire Constabulary.

Complex from the outset, especially with the somewhat meandering first installment In the year of our lord: 1974. Sean Bean was fucking great as King of Prick Bastards, John Mason. Having a mumbling, smug manchild as the protagonist did it no favors until the last half hour or so. It gets really fucking good from that point on, making the lead-in to the second installment very smooth. A rough start, but rewarding.

1980: Paddy Motherfucking Considine as Chief Inspector Hunter puts in a hell of a performance. Flawed yet lacking the same gene that led everyone else to become a corrupt shitbag, Hunter picks up where Mumbles left off. The violence implied in much of the first installment is at times on full display here, and it is certainly gruesome business. Great work as well by 24 Hour Party People's Sean Harris as Bob Craven. Fucking creepy bastard that one. Highly engrossing, probably the best of the three.

1983: The years of back room dealings in the constabulary finally makes one of their own grow a spine (Basic Instinct 2's own Dave Morrissey), and a solicitor/attorney (Mark "Anti-Fat Bastard Cream" Addy) begins to pick up the last few strands of the mystery of the Yorkshire Ripper. The two narratives are bridged by the reveal toward the end, and as usual,
                      Spoiler: SPOILERS AND SHIT 
                    that dude from Session 9 really is a prick wearing a Niceguy mask.
                    The temporal back and forth is used with reckless abandon and in some scenes riddled with clichés it is especially clunky, but it was ultimately a well done end to the overall story.

At times it is soul-crushingly bleak, but the acting and cinematography keep it engaging up to the bittersweet end.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-04-2010, 12:30 AM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watched THE UNBORN yesterday. It was okay but there were some really weird, huge plotholes. I love that they basically bring Idris Elba in to bring a scary, physical threat at the end. Also, October Road chick looks good in her underwears.

Comment

• Finally watched The Fountain last night (picked it up on blu for 10 bucks at BB). Pretty fucking good. The art design of the film was fucking incredible, and Wolverine can emote like a motherfucker. Good on him. IT completely wrecked Lesley but we still dug it.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Watched THE UNBORN yesterday. It was okay but there were some really weird, huge plotholes. I love that they basically bring Idris Elba in to bring a scary, physical threat at the end. Also, October Road chick looks good in her underwears.
                          definitely easy on the eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                            definitely easy on the eyes...

She was in Kindergarden Cop. Seriously. She had a scene with Miko Hughes. That kills any boners.

Jason Reitman also played the kid that was making out on the couch during the fire drill.

I fucking loved that movie.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• MIKO HUGHES : BONER KILLER

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary German Guy View Post
                                MIKO HUGHES : BONER KILLER
                                If we could get someone to do the art, I'd turn it into a web-comic.

Comment

Working...
                                X