Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
    If Sam Elliot was in Tango, than that movie would be in most people's top 10 action flicks of all time.
    If Sam Elliot was in Tango & Cash, it'd be called Sam Elliot with Tango & Cash.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Truth.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobe View Post
        Right here Ed.
        Oh yeah, Roadhouse. I still stand by that argument.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Bizarrely, I just picked Cobra up today. I don't think I've seen since about 1990, so that's going on tonight.

I rewatched The Prestige again yesterday. Seriously, anyone arguing about the "twist" is missing the point. The point being, that's a fucking great film, up and down.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Still haven't seen The Prestige. And I own it. Jesus, I have issues.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I love The Prestige. To pieces. I have The Illusionist, and it's been sitting on my coffee table for literally a year, and I've yet to watch it.

Comment

• I also have that, unwatched. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                  Bizarrely, I just picked Cobra up today. I don't think I've seen since about 1990, so that's going on tonight.

I rewatched The Prestige again yesterday. Seriously, anyone arguing about the "twist" is missing the point. The point being, that's a fucking great film, up and down.
                  LOVED 'The Prestige'. I had a great time watching this with my wife in the theater...she guessed Bale's 'twist', and I guessed Jackman's 'twist'. Once we got that out of the way, we just sat back and enjoyed it. It's clever and it never plays the audience wrong.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It must be said, Bowie does great work in The Prestige. I would kill for a Tesla/Edison film with Bowie reprising the role.

Comment

• Seconded. The part was well written and he totally NAILED it in every way, shape, and form.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Seconded. The part was well written and he totally NAILED it in every way, shape, and form.
                        Yeah, Edison's a bit of a hero of mine so I find that whole thing fascinating. I too was thinking how cool a Tesla vs Edison could be. And Bowie was excellent in the part - hell of an entrance too.

As for Cobra - its good fun. I really enjoyed it. Its got a few weird connections to Dirty Harry (Gonzalez as played by Reni Santoni in both; Scorpio playing Monte, the dick cop that Stallone knocks out) and Stallone is clearly going for a slightly Harry Callahan vibe. But Cosmatos does a good job with most of the action, expecially the suprisingly neat car chase. Speaking of which, Stallone must have been using the aliens' gun from I Come In Peace/Dark Angel, cos that pickup truck falls to pieces after about 3 bullets hit it.

That's another one I only recently saw for the first time. A bit disappointing if I'm honest, but its a truly whacked out concept. Again, good fun, but I can see why it went straight to video over here.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                          As for Cobra - its good fun. I really enjoyed it.
                          I try to avoid saying Cobra normally as often as possible. It just feels wrong to say Cobra, when it should really be pronounced in a very (Dwayne) Hicksian fashion.

"What are ya watchin'?"

"Co-brruuhh."
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Oh man, I Come in Peace was boring as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              Oh man, I Come in Peace was boring as hell.
                              YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Hocken... I will not sit here blithely and let you besmirch one of the crown jewels of Dolph Lundgren's career! How fucking dare you!

Pray to whatever gods you choose that I never come to the Left Coast for any reason, for if I do... you will know true misery.

Comment

• Alright alright, let me rephrase what I'm saying:

The alien in I come in Peace was boring as fuck. Dolph and the wacky antics he engaged with Brian Benben were enjoyable.

Shit, the goddamn movie should have been about Dolph trying to take down the White Boys gang.

Comment

Working...
                                X