Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to seeing this flick this weekend. Next to the Creature, the Wolfman was one of my favs as a kid.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sorry, just reaslied this was for DVDs and that. First-time poster, dontcha know...
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Eh, we talk about new flicks sometimes in here. Don't sweat it. No hairy fat men here to yell at you. I mean, we DO have some hairy fat men, but they're to lazy to yell.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
          The Wolfman.

Its good. Not great. Del Toro's first attack is something beautiful and Hopkins has some real choice bits.
          Is it worth seeing in the theaters, or can it wait for DVD/blu? Those two French clips on CHUD actually got me kinda enthused to see this.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Definitely in theatres. Don't get me wrong, its a good film. And with the right audience, there are some nice jump scares to be had. Devin's review of it was actually bang on the money - some extremely effective scenes and good gore. It just jumps around a bit much and occasionally stops making sense.

But yeah, theatre all the way.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• What was the audience reaction to it? Just curious, as the 'audience participation factor' is a necessary thing for me for thriller/horror movies.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The occasional laugh, a few good jumps. Some of the girls were a bit put off by some of the gore, while others (myself included) laughed gleefully. I think, see it with a packed house and it'll be a blast, at least during the second act.

Keep an eye out for the muzzle flash reveals - uncannily reminiscent of Chaney Jr's representation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  1408 fucking sucks
                  HEY! I WILL COME OVER THERE AND KILL YOU!

Uhhhh, I mean, really, you thought so? I really liked it.
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I thought it was so freaking boring. The idea was neat, but the execution was lacking in my opinion.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I want to get Sarah to watch the original Wolfman first, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Either way, we shall see the new one this weekend.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Bronson. Batshit insane. Tom Hardy is equal parts crazy, hilarious, and terrifying.

Comment

• YESSSS, this is coming tomorrow. I can't freaking wait!

Comment

• A Serious Man. Fucking brilliant, and like No Country it is an easy film to pare out the dolts with.

Comment

• Bronson - brilliant but kinda difficult and has said everything it has to say in the first 40 minutes. Hardy is a revelation though.

A Serious Man
                              - my 2nd favourite film of last year. Can't wait to see this again. Prefer it to any recent Coen film since O Brother I think.

Comment

• Yea, that really is the problem with Bronson. The point is made early on, and then he goes to Uncle Paul (it is Paul right?) and for about 20 minutes it is very boring. Once he gets back to prison it's fun again.

Comment

Working...
                                X