Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll also be giving time stamps on the description on when we start and end the discussion.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah I know you guys used to do that during Lost. It's hard to skip while listening in the car, but this just gives me an excuse to watch Moon ASAP.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• wish I could find 'Moon' on blu-ray to buy. Nobody has the damned thing.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Best Buy in Richfield had a ton of them this weekend.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            wish I could find 'Moon' on blu-ray to buy. Nobody has the damned thing.
            Amazon. Seriously, how do people not go directly to Amazon for all decent DVD purchases anymore? I think the big reason DVD sales are in the shitter is because Best Buy, who lets face it is the place to go for DVDs in America (and to a lesser degree Canada) doesn't carry shit in stock anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Amazon. Seriously, how do people not go directly to Amazon for all decent DVD purchases anymore? I think the big reason DVD sales are in the shitter is because Best Buy, who lets face it is the place to go for DVDs in America (and to a lesser degree Canada) doesn't carry shit in stock anymore.
              My thoughts exactly. Actually, I'd like to add, for any purchase that'll save a few bucks.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

And you should order from our links on the main site! haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  And you should order from our links on the main site! haha
                  But run adblock.

Comment

• Right afterwards

Comment

• Damnit. I wanted to create a "nerdious=amazon shill" tag. Too many.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• What's wrong with loving Amazon? Especially, when I was able to purchase a $56.99 game for $14.99. Hahaha.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Amazon gave me $10 for buying Mass Effect from them. I love Amazon. I happily shill for Amazon.

Comment

• Nothing's wrong with Amazon. I buy from them probably once a month. It's just that if I see the word Amazon here, it is almost always in conjunction with you. Hence nerdious=Amazon shill (in my mind).
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              So much "mehness" it was ridiculous. Especially after Dev and the like hyped it up so much. I'd rather watch Creepshow 2.
                              Yeah, I really was extremely disappointed by it. The hype you rightly mention and my willingness to dream of the much-mooted "R-Rated Amblin Movie" conspired to leave a rather empty taste. Things I did enjoy, however:

1.) Anna Paquin.
                              2.) Much of the crashed school-bus tale.
                              3.) The pitch-perfect colour-scheme/photography.

(Note the placement of Anna Paquin on the list.)

The film must have gained its buzz after a bunch of critics got absolutely pole-axed and watched their own mental version of the pitch, leaving them all with distorted memories.

As for the Friday... "dream" issue, it's entirely possible that the scene could be the curve-ball that opens up the "zombie Jason" Pandora's Box. It certainly would be a shift after the more "logic-based" approach (seeing Jason's machinations such as the bells/traps.) I still think it's more likely a dream sequence, though. Something that might well be referenced/exploited for a fake-out opening in Part 2.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I re-watched Wrath of Khan last night with director's commentary. Damn good commentary and really great if you want to get some insight into the filmaking process.

Also, the director does explain why does Khan's cronies look like a bunch of extras from an 80s music video.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X