Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Finally watched Abram's Star Trek. Was never a big Trek fan growing up, but I loved the movie, lens flares aside.
    I didn't find the lens flares distracting at all, during my second viewing. And I'm usually the most likely to squint in strong sunlight.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Dawn of the Dead (original) on blu. Goddamn. This transfer is great. Looks like it was released yesterday.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Spirit - 6.4 - This film ultimately succumbs to its poor writing and direction, which are almost cleverly masked by the signature visual style of Miller, which is hypnotizing at times.

Babylon A.D. - 6.3 - This one failed in 2 very important aspects of storytelling. One, they were confused as to what the climax really was and two, there's no resolution or their pathetic excuse for one was terrible.

State of Play - 7.8 - surprisingly delivers on almost every count. It is not a perfect film, but it is a solid example of great film-making. It wants to be more, but seems content at being a twisty and suspenseful modern thriller.

He's Just Not That Into You - Snappy direction and fine production values are this films assets. The bottom line is that while the film will please romcom enthusiasts it will also entertain those who usually attend movies of this genre with reluctance.

Sherlock Holmes - 8.1 - Even when Sherlock Holmes feels a little bit more like James Bond, he doesn't feel any less like Sherlock Holmes. Ritchie finds a way to depict Sherlock's fighting as a mental exercise as much as it's a physical feat. In the same way, though "Sherlock Holmes" is grander and more commercial than Guy Ritchie's usual films, it doesn't feel any less like Guy Ritchie.

Invictus - 6.9 - Not only does this movie lack excitement of any kind, it dumbs down the apartheid issue, among others, to some silly game that nobody cares about. What on earth is Eastwood thinking here? It's like he has become a preacher, it's a total sermon instead of a story, one could not find this interesting even if it had Eastwood come out at the end running across the field with his M1 Garand.

Tales of the Black Freighter - 7.0- The animation was stylish and well made. There was really nothing done with the atmosphere. Production values were high. But unfortunately the story is uninteresting. There is no real tension. You get no back-story whatsoever.

It's Complicated - 8.4 - This was fucking hilarious. Krasinski for the win.

The Brothers Bloom - 6.9 - Meh. Not even Weiz or Ruffalo could carry this. Tried to hard and wasn't enough of what it wanted to be.

Up in the Air - 8.3 - Liked this alot. Excellent performances all around. Vera side boob!

The Proposal - 7.2 - Had a chuckle here and there. Sandra shows the most skin ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Dawn of the Dead (original) on blu.
          Is that the new Fancy Dan edition with multiple covers and Argento's cut et al on it?

Also, I'm not fussed on Brick either. Remember being really excited to see it theatrically and so let down on the way out.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
            Is that the new Fancy Dan edition with multiple covers and Argento's cut et al on it?

WHAT?!??! I thought that was only the 3-4 disc special DVD version. If there is a super blu ray version, I must get that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Now, I'm no great authority on Dead DVD's/Blu's, but this is definitely a new edition. Review in last month's Empire and everything. According to Play (who say it's a Blu & 2 DVD set) it's not available until March 1st, but I know this to be lies as I have held it in my own mits at an HMV twice already.

Comment

• Dammit. Mine is the old blu version that was out. Goddammit. I just got it too. Time to octodip at this point.

Comment

• Oh, for fuck's sake. I'll have to tripledip.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• That's dedication, man. I'm not sure what I'd octodip for. Aside from Robot Jox, of course.

Comment

• This is my all time favorite movie. EVER. I have owned pretty much every version at some point or another. And Robot Jox. haha. I believe there is a thread here about that flick.

Comment

• I must be up to 7 or 8 dips for 'Blade Runner' by now, if you include all of the VHS tapes.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Dammit. Mine is the old blu version that was out. Goddammit. I just got it too. Time to octodip at this point.
                          Yeah, I got mine a few months back, when I realized I didn't have the super fancy version of the DVD...can we get a linker of the set?
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            I must be up to 7 or 8 dips for 'Blade Runner' by now, if you include all of the VHS tapes.

Did you get the badass blu set yet?

Comment

This is my all time favorite movie. EVER. I have owned pretty much every version at some point or another. And Robot Jox. haha. I believe there is a thread here about that flick.
                              I remember you saying on the show. Even so, that's impressive commitment.

Robot Jox thread you say? Finally, a place to quote Paul Koslo and not be judged...

"I have already killed you (pointing to head.) In here!"

Comment

• Found it: http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...ighlight=robot

Comment

Working...
                                X