Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman voice aside, Terminator Salvation was a better robot movie than Transformers 2. Actually dug it better the 2nd time around.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'll have to rewatch that. I remember being pretty pissed off walking outta that theater when we saw it.

We watched Away We Go. Not bad. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. Jim Halpert and Maya Rudolph had pretty great chemistry. And Gaffigan was fucking great.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I will have to watch T4 again. I liked it alot but I don't know if it was better than T2. And while we are on the subject can we abolish T3? It belongs in the crap pile with Ang Lee's Hulk.

Comment

• So..much....fail.....
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hoop Dreams

Proof that the Academy is fucked from the hilt for not having this win.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
              I'll have to rewatch that. I remember being pretty pissed off walking outta that theater when we saw it
              Definitely do. I'm amazed how often I'm starting to like movies on a 2nd viewing. Maybe it has something to do with expectations?

Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
              I will have to watch T4 again. I liked it alot but I don't know if it was better than T2. And while we are on the subject can we abolish T3? It belongs in the crap pile with Ang Lee's Hulk.
              WTF. Ang Lee's Hulk is the definitive Hulk. End of story. Also, T3 wasn't bad at all. I actually wish Stahl had been tapped for T4. I think he would have done a better job than Bale. Damn stunt casting.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Ang Lee's Hulk isn't failed as so much of an odd thing. I kind of like it to Observe and Report, it isn't all that likeable but damn if it isn't facinating.

Comment

• It isn't odd at all. Perfectly captured the essence of Banner. I blame that horrible 70s TV series for people's misplaced expectations of a Hulk movie.

Comment

• The Josh Lucas freeze frame didn't help.

Comment

• That was fucking fantastic. One of the best deaths ever.

Comment

• It was and it wasn't. A total WTF moment in my theater. Granted the shitty lighting in the theater did not help during the underwater sequence. I couldn't see shit.

Comment

• I <3 Ang Lee's take. I also <3 Norton's take. Both are pretty good films in completely different ways.

Comment

• They should have had Sam Elliot's Gen Ross in Norton's Hulk. William Hurt was no Sam Elliot.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                              They should have had Sam Elliot's Gen Ross in Norton's Hulk. William Hurt was no Sam Elliot.

Truth. I much prefer Norton over Bana though. Bana was just kind of there IMO.

Comment

• I'm conflicted on Norton's take. I actually wish Norton had been able to interfere more so that we could actually see his take (and thus I could decide). As is, it's an interesting take. Always interesting when an actor is able to greatly influence direction/editing.

Comment

Working...
                                X