Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, then.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Just got back from a "get drunk during the middle of the day and make a stupid decision" screening of Paranormal Activity.

The stupid decision mentioned above was my choice of seating. Usually obnoxious people add to the atmosphere of these sorts of films (especially the sort that feigns fearlessness and then is subsequently figuratively shitting their pants), but when they ask rhetorical questions about what happens next, you can't help but have the redass.

As to the movie, it was pretty well crafted in terms of its ability to switch the tone from creepy to mundane. A great job by the crew in using some old William Castle tricks to create scares. The fact that ex an ex of mine looks strikingly similar to the female lead helped my immersion into the proceedings.

Bad section of the audience aside, it was enjoyable low-fi horror.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-16-2009, 03:49 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Don't let my opinion sway you guys. I'm all about forming your own opinion when it comes to movies. This one just really surprised me as it is the first horror film that Devin has steered me wrong. Tone just felt off. In a good anthology the switch between stories just feels right. Here? Something just missing in this flick. Probably going to watch it again this weekend to try and pinpoint where they went wrong.

Edited to add: DO let my opinion keep you from buying this flick though. Rent if you must.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yep, it's been added to que. How was Ceej in it? The kid from Bad Santa...
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I think it was the dearth of kid-killing prior to this film that made the Spider-Man 3 apologist latch onto it.

That and anything that offers a respite (albeit a brief one) from the generally shitty Saw franchise that has had its teeth in the ass of October for the majority of the decade is apparently enough to please the horror fans (even though I agree that the bridging of the segments needed a bit more cohesion).

Also: mini-Ceej was kind of a dick.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• See that's the thing. Horror (for the most part) has been dismal for a long time. Give us something mediocre and we proclaim it to be the revitalization of the genre. Not true here. It's completely mediocre.
              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I still agree with Howard...

NOT!!!*

*I'm fucking bringing it back, bitches!!!
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• damnit Ari. You're NOT bringing it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    damnit Ari. You're NOT bringing it back.
                    You're the mo now dawg!!
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

damnit Ari. You're NOT bringing it back...

NOT!!!
                      Fixed.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Don't let my opinion sway you guys. I'm all about forming your own opinion when it comes to movies. This one just really surprised me as it is the first horror film that Devin has steered me wrong. Tone just felt off. In a good anthology the switch between stories just feels right. Here? Something just missing in this flick. Probably going to watch it again this weekend to try and pinpoint where they went wrong.

Edited to add: DO let my opinion keep you from buying this flick though. Rent if you must.
                        I agree with you, Howdidly. It did feel like something was missing. I still think it was a fun flick, and more so because I saw it with a crowd. It's more of a crowd flick.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          Also: mini-Ceej was kind of a dick.
                          Kind of?! Kid was being an asshole to those pumpkins.

Comment

• Currently watching The Last Starfighter. This movie appears to be the Galaxy Quest of its day.

Comment

• That movie is glorious. Also, first use of awesome CGI for ships and shit. Good stuff.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Last starfighter is fanfuckingtabulous. Love it.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X