Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Girlfriend Experience, arthouse Soderbergh. I liked a few shots in the movie, nothing I had to see, unlike Che.

I watched Transformers 2 finally. I think my very low expectations helped, but I was entertained. Saw the new Star Trek and GI Joe as well and those really surprised me on how much I liked them. Trek, because I was never a fan of Star Trek, and GI Joe because I heard some say it was dumb. Well, it was, but in a good way, maybe not so much dumb, but fun, not serious. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was good, and Rachel Nichols and Sienna Miller looked great. I miss The Baroness' accent.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I have all of those on my que. Can't wait to check them out.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
        Next time, watch the fucking movie and you won't be spoiled.
        At least be respectful of the people who haven't seen the movie. I could spoil all the other movies you haven't seen. And I know there's a lot you still haven't seen. Gosh. I could ruin Drag me to Hell for Russ, but I'm not. By the way, why would you note a spoiler and not black it out? Am I supposed to consciously not read the following sentence?
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
          At least be respectful of the people who haven't seen the movie. I could spoil all the other movies you haven't seen. And I know there's a lot you still haven't seen. Gosh. I could ruin Drag me to Hell for Russ, but I'm not. By the way, why would you note a spoiler and not black it out? Am I supposed to consciously not read the following sentence?
          Sorry to invalidate your example, but I saw the shit out of Gypsy Destroyer and the Poor Blond Girl Who Pisses Her Off (DMtH) when it came out in theaters.

But still, I understand. I still haven't seen Gran Torino.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haha. Ari's pissing people off. It's not my fault this time.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Russ, it would have been funnier if you just told me to spoil it for you without mentioning that you already saw the flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                I put a huge SPOILER!!! with 3, count 'em, 3 exclamation points on it before and after the damn spoiler and that was after I thought about it for a bit. I almost just left the spoiler alert off. So there.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Note to self: from now on, do not read anything that follows THREE EXCLAIMATION POINTS if posted by Ari.

Comment

• There you go!!!
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Oh, I'm not pissed or nothin'. It probably still has some iconic Clint moments (now with 1000% more racism).
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well yeah. I mean right off the bat you know exactly what's going to happen for the rest of the movie. Nothing was shocking or out of left field. Still a good movie though.

Comment

• And he sounds like Bale's Batman, but better.

Comment

• Oh you and your Baleman voice-hate.

That shit is still fun to imitate.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Haha, in Ari's defense, I've seen the movie but I automatically stopped after I saw SPOILER!!! Then I kept reading.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Also: saw Feast yesterday.

I had no idea Clu "They're rabid weasles" Gulager had a son. Or that this was part of the ill-fated Project Greenlight series.

Anyway, this was for the most part a fun monster film highlighted by moments of extreme gore. How they send Judah Friedlander on his way is the stand-out kill.

The cast is filled with DTV movie regulars, and they each do as well as one could expect. Though Friedlander's "Hicks put to 11" can be grating at times, the group gels well. It plays with genre conventions from the word 'go', and these moments of self-reflexivity go a long way in keeping the movie from going full retard.

The creature effects were practical (thank you), and even the bantha-like rugs replete with shit all over 'em were something new (like longhorn skulls had fucked banthas: result in this film). The practical suits they had on underneath the pelts were a bit plain, but the camera and editing hid the blandness and instead concentrated on the MAW WITH ROWS OF SHARK TEETH of each monster.

Pretty decent, recent horror fare.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM. Reason: Misspelling of teh Gulager.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X