Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
    I put 'The Last Dragon' in the same league as 'Xanadu' or 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band': they were experiments in pop culture that went totally off of the rails but have managed to build up a cult status surrounding their failure.
    Off their rails? No doubt. I wouldn't necessarily call them failures though. Both were designed to capitalize on their respective stars power to bring their fans to the theatre and both worked (more or less). I don't think either film lost money. Did they break records? Nope and both are entertaining (if only for kitsch value).
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I remember watching one of those 'I Love the 70s' shows on VH1 where they talked about SPLHCB. As I recall, it was a massive, massive flop that lost a TON of money that I don't think has ever been fully recovered.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Domestic was around $20M and production costs were $18M. Add in foreign receipts and I'm sure it at least broke even.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Well HELL...They made it sound like it was financial annihilation on VH1.

Have you ever actually WATCHED it, though? It's an embarrassment from start to finish. Aerosmith comes out of it pretty good, though.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Of course I've watched it (the cast alone demands that everyone watch it at some point). Alice Cooper, Donald Pleasence, Tina Turner, Steve Martin, the Bee Gees, et al.

I wouldn't ever defend the movie as a work of art but as a blantant cash grab it's entertaining as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Ginger Snaps 2 > Ginger Snaps.

Also, fuck New Moon and any CGI warewolves. They just look retarded.
              I agree about the story in Snaps 2 although she didn't go full werewolf. (The ending was neat). But the less said about 3, the better. Hoo boy did that suck.

And I had heard that Sgt. Peppers was an outright abortion on film. It made VH1's 100 most infamous rock moments, ya know.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ah MAN, I totally forgot that Steve Martin was in that damn movie. He was Maxwell with the silver hammer, right?

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, his feature film debut actually. I can never decide whether this performance or him as the Dentist in Little Shop of Horrors is his best singing gig. Both comedy gold.

Comment

• I still enjoy Martin in LA Story, that scene with the Enya score gets me misty eyed. Well it does, dammit.

Comment

• You bastard...you're gonna make we watch this damn movie again, aren't you?

Comment

• Judas, you have the right to say no. No means no.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                          Judas, you have the right to say no. No means no.
                          You make it sound like I'm going to get raped by this movie...

Comment

• How you do know you weren't already? Your mind may have blocked out the trauma.

Comment

• Just don't watch with a critical eye (sorry Kael). I stand by my statement that as a blantant cash grab it's entertaining as fuck. Besides, you've already weathered the storm (watched it once and know it's the very definition of a bad movie). Enjoy it for the spectacle.

Comment

• This is true. As I saw the Citizen Kane of break dancing movies. That of course being Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Comment

Working...
                                X