Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So wait, you are complaining about the way Aronofsky shot this movie?

That's one of the best parts of the movie (minus the kickass acting by all involoved, even Marlon). It gets the feeling of being on speed/heroin across quite well. With the use of th equick cuts and sound and whatnot.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Its not that I didn't like it, it just made my skin crawl. Literally. Scary intense...........Rob, help. How can I explain without giving away the experience?
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
        So wait, you are complaining about the way Aronofsky shot this movie?

That's one of the best parts of the movie (minus the kickass acting by all involoved, even Marlon). It gets the feeling of being on speed/heroin across quite well. With the use of th equick cuts and sound and whatnot.
        What he said.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, I guess if you've never really been exposed to that world I can see it being jarring and annoying. But man, that book and movie was intense as shit. And it wouldn't have been half as good if it was directed by anyone else.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It doesn't seem natural, it all seems forced. The acting is cool I guess...I was tired watching this and had my wife in my ear the whole time. So maybe it was the audience. So far, I like the story but that's pretty much it. I need to try this again tonight. Plus drug movies make me .
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• The movie blew my mind. It's relentless and draining, taking the characters deeper and deeper into a hell that they never get out of. There's no happy ending, no forced Hollywood bullshit. I really love the flick, but it is intense as hell. If I met someone that watched the movie on a daily basis, I'd question their santiy, like someone who made watching Scheindler's List a weekly event.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Watched Feast while riding the exercise bike last night before going out. Holy shit. It was fucking cool. Best movie I have never heard of so far. I love how Jason Mewes played himself and what an ass bag Henry Rollins was. hahahhahahha.

Speaking of Aronofsky, any of you see the fountain? I loved it, but I think it has been heavily panned as a pretentious piece of shit. I only saw it once however and have a feeling I would not dig it as much the second time. It also didn't help that my roommate kept shouting "ghey" during it.

As far as Requiem goes, I watched Pi in highschool and loved it, so when I saw Requiem in the cheapo bin at BestBuy I picked it up. People kept telling me that the movie would make me want to kill myself after seeing it, so waited forever to watch the damn thing. Finally, after 3 years of owning it, I sat down to watch it with friends on my 23rd birthday... I'm glad I was having a fucking awesome birthday, because that movie brought me back down to normal. I can't imagine watching it while bummed out or something. Either way, great fucking flick.

Aronofsky > m night shamalamananana (although, I liked unbreakable a lot)
                Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

• Aronofsky isn't even in the same league as Night. HE's way fucking more awesome. Night has had 2 good movies with 1 only working the first time you saw it (The 6th Sense). The Fountain is awesome.

And glad you enjoyed Feast. The first like 15 mins of that movie is awesome. I loved the little title cards that came up for each character. And seeing Henry Rollins in pink sweatpants was fantastic.

Comment

• The Fountain was amazing. I can't wait for that to come out on Blu-ray.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Quite possibly the greatest triple feature for afternoon cable TV: Fletch, then Weekend at Bernie's, now KUFFS!

Holy shit, my brain may just explode with ill-advised nostalgia. And damn, how old is Milla Jovovich in this? 18? Nice.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• KUFFS!

That's with Christian "I wish I was Jack Nicholson" Slater right?

Awesome.

Comment

• Hell yes, sir!

Him and Tony "I got my ass kicked by phantom Pat Swayze" Goldwyn.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fuck yeah!

Comment

• Well.... Ari, Bryan, and I just went and watched The Happening. Please save your money and do not watch this movie, it was horrible!
                              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• Arm-chair diagnosis: psyche-raped by an ego-maniacal douche of a director.
                                Prescription: take copious amounts of hooch (hold the Turner), watch an Incredible Hulk.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X