Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, NPH gets a lot of the love and attention for How I Met Your Mother, and he should, because he's amazing, but Jason Segel is that show's secret weapon in a lot of ways.

Comment

• Netflix attack.

"behind the mask - rise of eugene or some such shit" It was good, but I was glad i was doing other stuff while i watched it to make it through the first half.

From Dusk Till Dawn finally - a lot cooler than i thought it would be.

Prince of Darkness - meh

Stupidity Doc - Pretty good

Pineapple Express - Loved it

The Great Buck Howard - Surprisingly entertaining. Malkovich flick where he plays the same eccentric belligerent pompous ass of a character.

Assault on Precinct 13 - I don't know why I love this so much. I had to show my girlfriend it.

Saw Inglorious Basterds the other day. I agree with rob, I was expecting 2.5 hours of brad pitt and the basterds beating nazi ass. I think we need a Wierd Wars movie now to make up for it even though I dug the hell out of it. Better than kill bill 2, not sure in my book.

Watched Watchmen again too, apparently it was the theatrical release. Not as good the second time around on my shitty tv and speakers.

Word.
      Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

• Oh and went on a 60s binge..

Watched Fritz the Cat and Tim Leary's Last Trip. Both were pretty good... and some Terrence McKenna documentary about John Dee and Alchemy.
        Turd Stick.... http://www.blainegarrett.com<br />Krapp's Last 'Cast.... http://www.krappslastcast.com

Comment

• Ponyo. Standard Miyazaki flim but had an overall happy tone. The pacing was weird; at times, the movie felt like it kept going and and the ending was abrupt. I think the editing could have been tighter. I dug it though. The scenes are petty amazing, as is the story.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Seeing how it was a film meant for very small kids. This doesn't surprise me.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Alien Nation. Typical 80's cop flick but with aliens. Not bad, but really fucking dated. At least I now know just how badly TMNT2 ripped off the ending.

Also watched 1984. Fuck me, what a depressing film. I'd love to get e nice Blu-ray version someday. Watching the movie made me want to read the book ASAP as I feel like there was more to the story that the film glossed over. Wished someone had found a gravity gun.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                Alien Nation. Typical 80's cop flick but with aliens. Not bad, but really fucking dated. At least I now know just how badly TMNT2 ripped off the ending.

Also watched 1984. Fuck me, what a depressing film. I'd love to get e nice Blu-ray version someday. Watching the movie made me want to read the book ASAP as I feel like there was more to the story that the film glossed over. Wished someone had found a gravity gun.
                Holy shit, I watched Alien Nation last night as well. The beginning made me think of D9. It was ok but like Ari said, it's a dated cop flick. Just with a dash of sci-fi.

Comment

• 1984 solidfied my distrust and hate of gin. I read the book in high school. The idea that a population could be restricted by reducing its language blew my mine.

Doubleplus ungood, indeed.

But from what I remember, the film didn't leave much out. Except for the idea how language just kept getting more and more restricted.

Comment

• Well it was definitely a movie I need to re-watch as my mind just wandered a few times and I know I missed some stuff.

It did give me an awesome idea though: after Abraham Smashington fights the alien babies, a portal is going to open and throw him into a dystopian future where he leads a revolt to save humanity while banging any woman he comes across.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Please tell the King of the Jews runs an oasis in the middle of this dystopia?

Comment

• Gran Torino, very good story and direction. The Asian kid kinda sucked. But Clint, as always, was gold. Highly recommended, check it out if you haven't.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Yeah, it's a great movie. It's too bad that they didn't actually film it in St. Paul, MN where it's actually set. We have a huge Hmong population here.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah we do.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Completely true, folks. All because I took that asian studies class in college. Well that, and that unfortunate kill crazy rampage that happened some years back with some hunters.

Thank you CIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                                Completely true, folks. All because I took that asian studies class in college. Well that, and that unfortunate kill crazy rampage that happened some years back with some hunters.

Thank you CIA.
                                And during all your classes, you never learned that the "a" is capitalized in Asian?

Comment

Working...
                                X