Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Naked Prey' (1966) Criterion Edition DVD

Holy shit was THIS good. The whole 3rd act of 'Apocalypto' is a direct lift from this movie.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm still hauling ass through my Criterion spending spree.

Just finished General Idi Amin Dada (A self portrait). Easily, one of the greatest documentaries ever made.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
        I'm still hauling ass through my Criterion spending spree.

Just finished General Idi Amin Dada (A self portrait). Easily, one of the greatest documentaries ever made.
        I will have to check that out. I'm a sucker for documentaries.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I've spent waaaaaaaaaay too much on Criterion DVDs over the past 2 weeks:
          'The Seven Samurai'
          'Rashoman'
          'Yojimbo'
          'Sanjuro'
          'The Naked Prey'
          'If...'
          'Tokyo Story'
          'Bicycle Thieves'
          'Ugetsu'
          'The Rock'
          'House of Games'
          'M'
          I know that I'm forgetting at least one purchase...

I also finally picked up 'Oldboy'. I can't wait to see that.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• My past Barnes and Noble haul was:

Wise Blood
            Under the Volcano
            Days of Heaven
            General Idi Amin Dada
            Written on the Wind
            Two Lane Blacktop
            The Furies
            Missing

and many others...
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth
              I also finally picked up 'Oldboy'. I can't wait to see that.
              I hope you've remained spoiler free if you've never seen it. Let us know your thoughts.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I know the big twist, unfortunately. My wife does NOT, however.

Comment

• Watched the 1971 Andromeda Strain. I was totally enthralled the entire time. Pretty fucking great real sci-fi flick. What a tense as hell ending too.

Also watched Man on Wire. If you guys are looking for a good doc, look no further. 8 times. The fucker walked the space between the Twin Towers 8 fucking times. He's an awesome crazy french man.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Watched the 1971 Andromeda Strain. I was totally enthralled the entire time. Pretty fucking great real sci-fi flick. What a tense as hell ending too.

Also watched Man on Wire. If you guys are looking for a good doc, look no further. 8 times. The fucker walked the space between the Twin Towers 8 fucking times. He's an awesome crazy french man.
                    I second man on wire. Awesome crazy french man for sure.

Just watched Chocolat or however it's spelled last night. Fun flick with really awesome fight work. I also enjoyed that they didn't go "full tard" or overplay the autism. Not brilliant but respectable enough to recommend. Be sure to watch the credits as it has an injury reel playing throughout them that really shows how hard a movie like this can be to shoot, safety wise.

Comment

• I know you mean Chocolate. Not the romantic comedy Chocolat.

Now I'm weirded about by the spelling of chocolate.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Thanks, Ed. I'll be damned if I could picture Juliette Binoche in any fight scenes.

Comment

• Tried to watch the movie CrimeWave (early Raimi/Coen flick) and failed. This movie is not what I expected as it's like the movie Mouse Hunt but without the funny. IT's fucking stupid, grating and has a horrible transfer. Even Brion James can't save it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, but just can't do it at the moment.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                            I know you mean Chocolate. Not the romantic comedy Chocolat.

Now I'm weirded about by the spelling of chocolate.
                            Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                            Thanks, Ed. I'll be damned if I could picture Juliette Binoche in any fight scenes.
                            I make no excuses other than to say it's been a long day already. Although I offer the theory that Chocolat would be tons better with autistic ninja's added to the mix. That's just me though.

Comment

• If we can have 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies', we can certainly have a 'Chocolat and Ninjas'. I'd see the fuck out of THAT movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                Tried to watch the movie CrimeWave (early Raimi/Coen flick) and failed. This movie is not what I expected as it's like the movie Mouse Hunt but without the funny. IT's fucking stupid, grating and has a horrible transfer. Even Brion James can't save it. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, but just can't do it at the moment.
                                I feel the same way about My Name is Bruce. I actually irritated a potential date by saying that because he wanted to watch Man with the screaming Brain.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X