Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, Disney had the formular down pat. And that formula was really wearing thin towards the end.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 'Moulin Rouge' was a mess, iirc. I haven't seen it since it came out, but I remember almost walking out after 20 minutes of....SOMETHING...getting thrown at me. It was ok after you get past that opening bit. I will grant that the usage of the songs was pretty damn clever in alot of spots.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• New mission. Find the "right" musical for Rob and Judas.

Just curious, what about Little Shop of Horrors? Didn't like that one?
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I don't like the Baz Lurhman style at all. I tried watching Romeo & Juliet. Holy shit that was jaring. Of course, it was a little fun to notice Paul Rudd as the governor's son.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
            New mission. Find the "right" musical for Rob and Judas.

Everything but the fucking music. Even as a kid, I would fast forward through the music.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fej's Favorite Musicals

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
              Moulin Rouge!
              South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut
              The Nightmare Before Christmas
              Aladdin
              The Brave Little Toaster
              Labyrinth
              Little Shop of Horrors
              The Meaning of Life
              The Pirates of Penzance
              Pete's Dragon
              Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
              How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
              Mary Poppins
              Singin' in the Rain
              Alice in Wonderland

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                I saw this in the theater. I liked the movie on a technical level, but I HATED the music to such a degree that I have no desire to ever watch it again.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• 'South Park: BLU' was fantastic. Amongst other things, it tore down and parodied everything that I hate about musicals beautifully. This was one of the single best movie theater experiences of my life.

OK, there you go. There's my musical.

Comment

• I did like South Park. I actually owned that soundtrack. The songs made me laugh.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Everything but the fucking music. Even as a kid, I would fast forward through the music.
                      Completely baffles me. I have never meet somone who couldn't connect with at least one (and thus open them to more).

Also, Fej=good people.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• *high five Judas*

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                          'South Park: BLU' was fantastic. Amongst other things, it tore down and parodied everything that I hate about musicals beautifully. This was one of the single best movie theater experiences of my life.

OK, there you go. There's my musical.
                          *shakes head* You can still like/love/appreciate South Park:BLU but not "get" musicals. It's not your one. Mission not averted boys.

Comment

• For the record: I've seen live productions of musicals and enjoyed them. Amongst those that I've seen and enjoyed: 'The Producers', 'the Music Man', 'The Sound of Music', and 'Camelot'. Being there and experiencing it LIVE can be great.

Seeing them theatrically just doesn't work for me, sorry.

Comment

• *high fives Fej*
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                                For the record: I've seen live productions of musicals and enjoyed them. Amongst those that I've seen and enjoyed: 'The Producers', 'the Music Man', 'The Sound of Music', and 'Camelot'. Being there and experiencing it LIVE can be great.

Seeing them theatrically just doesn't work for me, sorry.
                                Alright. I can agree with the sentiment (as I haven't seen a movie version yet, that is better than a live production).

Comment

Working...
                                X