Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think you just haven't seen the right musical yet. The genre is perfect for capturing the right/tone/emotion of a personal moment. Unequivocally, Rent hits the impact of AIDS/HIV perfectly. I would not change one beat.

Musicals tend to be hard to "get" until you make the connection with the right one.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Not really, but people that truly have it are not having a good time. We deal with that at the lab.

"Moving the affected body part modulates the sensations, providing temporary relief. RLS causes a sensation in the legs or arms that can most closely be compared to a burning, itching, or tickling sensation in the muscles."
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
        Musicals tend to be hard to "get" until you make the connection with the right one.
        You may be right. I certainly don't disavow the genre outright; I'm sure that there's one out there for me, but I've yet to find it. My wife loves them, of course.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
          HORRIBLE. Only good thing about that movie is the commentary.
          It's clear Rob is not having a Schpadoinkle day.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Both of my folks recognized a music ability in me at a young age, so I was exposed to the theatre, musicals, opera and orchestra fairly early. First musical I saw was Oliver. A musical about little kids seen by a little kid? Instant connection (and then love affair of the genre).
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I don't understand why I dig musicals so much. I enjoy catchy tunes I guess, and a lot of the musicals I watch have some damn enjoyable songs. I really love the good Disney musical toons (Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) and I think Moulin Rouge is a damn masterpiece. Fuck, I have A Nightmare Before Christmas and Moulin Rouge on my ipod.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I am one of those people that does not care for Moulin Rouge. No sir. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Do I have to turn in my gay card because of this? No. But did I piss off the theater folk, let me tell ya.

Comment

• You sir are a bad person. Speak no ill of Ewan here.

Comment

This is pretty much spot on; I think Moulin Rouge was the film I connected with and in turn it opened me up to enjoying more live action musicals.

Comment

You sir are a bad person. Speak no ill of Ewan here.
                      Hey, he's damn good in Velvet Goldmine. I just don't like Moulin Rouge.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                        I am one of those people that does not care for Moulin Rouge. No sir. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Do I have to turn in my gay card because of this? No. But did I piss off the theater folk, let me tell ya.
                        I'm telling everyone here that I would totally be down with replacing Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge. Ewan is to me as Brad Pitt is to Rob.

Comment

• OK, I'll cop to loving alot of the Disney musicals. 'the Little Mermaid', in particular, has some FANTASTIC songs in it. 'Kiss the Girl' is the single best song ever made in ANY musical that I've ever seen.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                            OK, I'll cop to loving alot of the Disney musicals. 'the Little Mermaid', in particular, has some FANTASTIC songs in it. 'Kiss the Girl' is the single best song ever made in ANY musical that I've ever seen.
                            Can't really argue with that. There is no song in The Little Mermaid that doesn't reach perfection, IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                              I'm telling everyone here that I would totally be down with replacing Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge. Ewan is to me as Brad Pitt is to Rob.
                              It's not even Kidman, (Who in my mind has been a sinkhole of charisma for years). I just don't like the story, it's the samn damn thing played out so many times before. And in better ways too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                                I'm not big on musicals either. They'll be talking normally and then spring into song...at that point, I'm like 'oh yeah, I'm watching a movie'. I can't get absorbed into the experience as much.

THIS.

Also, I grew up with music. I was that kid in all of the musical programs/artprograms/etc. I played piano for 7 years, play guitar now, etc. I hate Disney movies specifically because of the fucking musical parts of them. Unless they make a good horror musical (REPO doesn't count, ugh) or something along those lines, it's just not my bag.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X